Where to service Rolex ?

Ogima

Neutral Newbie

hello comrades,

any recommendation to where to service a Rolex watch ?

also what is the price for a normal service & polishing without parts change ?

there is a little chip on the glass that will costs less than $50 for copied parts....against an original glass that costs $200 to change. which will you go for ?

appreciate your inputs.

thank you.

note : is Tong Building too expensive to send to ? any experience ?

Edited by Ogima
↡ Advertisement

Beach Road market there, level 3 or 2 i forgot..Look for Mr Alfred..he is good in his servicing.

My buddy's FM and Rolex was service by him..and put customize Winnie the Pooh pictures inside..v nicely done by him..

Should be level 3 as first 2 levels are makan stalls.

I also saw one shop at The Bencoolen which is diagonally opp Fu Lu Shuo and opp OG. Saw the guy was repairing a Rolex but I found that he always lock the shop door, maciam scared robbers coming in.

hello comrades,

there is a little chip on the glass that will costs less than $50 for copied parts....against an original glass that costs $200 to change. which will you go for ?

appreciate your inputs.

thank you.

Orchard near Paragon got Rolex Servicing Centre. Normal servicing (too long ago, can't remember) should set you off by at least 500 bucks...just done servicing for a Omega and Cartier watch recently...both around 600+..

Go for original glass for rolex...so that if you wanna sell....can get a proper certifcate that scream ORIGINAL!

Orchard near Paragon got Rolex Servicing Centre. Normal servicing (too long ago, can't remember) should set you off by at least 500 bucks...just done servicing for a Omega and Cartier watch recently...both around 600+..

Go for original glass for rolex...so that if you wanna sell....can get a proper certifcate that scream ORIGINAL!

are you referring to the small building infront of Mt E hospital ?

is that the "AD" cum service center of rolex ?

i presume those workshops mentioned by the other bros in above are "non-AD" workshops ??

are you referring to the small building infront of Mt E hospital ?

is that the "AD" cum service center of rolex ?

i presume those workshops mentioned by the other bros in above are "non-AD" workshops ??

1. yes, bldg is called Tong Bldg or Cte

2. Rolex svc cte but i dunno if they do sales there

3. yes,non-AD

www.sg-roc.com for more info

I sent my Rolex to Rolex Centre for regular servicing once in 3 to 4 years. The Rolex FAQ actually recommended service interval of 5 years for modern Rolex watches. Normal servicing cost me between $300 and $500. I do not know why the crown is replaced on every servicing and they kept the replaced part with them. Once I dropped my watch in the bathroom, the glass shattered, and the repair plus servicing which took them more than a week, cost me almost a thousand, as the glass itself which is made of sapphire cost $300.00.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...=2277&rid=5

hello comrades,

appreciate your inputs.

thank you.

you paid so much for your Rolex, then you want to look else where to service.... [sweatdrop]

go back to hour glass lah....Tong Bldg....after service, like brand new one...

btw , that one is not glass. it's Crystal...

1. yes, bldg is called Tong Bldg or Cte

2. Rolex svc cte but i dunno if they do sales there

3. yes,non-AD

www.sg-roc.com for more info

thanks for clarifying

no they dont do sales.

ask before liao.

i only wanted to know if they are the AD or if there are other ADs around.

bro, can come toa payoh central my dad's shop... he is certified for 30+ 40yrs specializing in omega and rolax... shop been around at toa payoh central for the past 15yrs no problem.. b4 tat he worked for another watch company... u wan can pm me, i will ask the price for u... :)

Turbocharged

alternatively, u can try Koh Watches in people's park shopping centre lvl 2 ( i think or 3 ). very good customer service [thumbsup]

actually I will still suggest going to authorized service centre. You pay so much for a rolex, you will want it to retain its value.

You can do a certification test for a Rolex...I done one before...and it will certified if the Rolex is genuine...and whether all parts are Rolex. [flowerface]

Hehe but your watch your call.

there are actually afew places to do it...

1) JW Horology

2) Top hour

3) Tong building ( rolex AD)

if you need more let me know.

P.S. if you do any mod that is not done at AD rolex will refuse servicing of the watch unless you change it back to the original condition... pretty much like cars... haha.

hello comrades,

appreciate your inputs.

thank you.

copied parts meaning your considering to change your original glass or saphire to copied one? erm... if it was me.. i will nv do tat.

Supercharged

dun follow ppl's advise to go to those cheena places like Beach rd, People's Park, chinatown and whatever market....

best to go to the one next to Paragon.... they are authentic Rolex centre.

you got a very expensive and value appreciating watch. u trust those cheena shops??

Yes those cheena shops may do a good job... but u NEVER KNOW what they take out or put into yr watch.

they can take out something original part and put in a imitation part and the watch still works fine....

then next time u want to get yr Rolex appraised, u find out that yr watch has been tempered with....

i have brought my Rolexes to the service centre for servicing... yes its not cheap and its peanuts to the value of my Rolexes. and i'm rest assured that they will do a good job and will not shortchanged me.

dun be penny wise pound foolish.....

Edited by Donut

dun follow ppl's advise to go to those cheena places like Beach rd, People's Park, chinatown and whatever market....

best to go to the one next to Paragon.... they are authentic Rolex centre.

you got a very expensive and value appreciating watch. u trust those cheena shops??

Yes those cheena shops may do a good job... but u NEVER KNOW what they take out or put into yr watch.

they can take out something original part and put in a imitation part and the watch still works fine....

then next time u want to get yr Rolex appraised, u find out that yr watch has been tempered with....

i have brought my Rolexes to the service centre for servicing... yes its not cheap and its peanuts to the value of my Rolexes. and i'm rest assured that they will do a good job and will not shortchanged me.

dun be penny wise pound foolish.....

honestly, i dont really agree with you... yes.. rolex centre is the best if you want to be 100% sure about your parts but i dont think its correct for you to put down other shops... unless you have had your rolex serviced by them... there are many many shops other that rolex centre that does great servicing and has a reputation as very good and honest service centre.. some are even official service centres for brands like fortis and such... so its really unfair for you to put it down if someone has spend 30 years doing an honest and good job.

↡ Advertisement