A civil engineer was fined $800 for folding parking coupons

Hwaa

debris from scratching has environ and health hazards.

just do an islandwide erp parking system and everything is settled. for those honest paying drivers, the pet peeves are those lazy and cheating bugggers ...

Singapore's Coupon system is not as good.

When i went to Melaka, their coupons is scratch off the date/time... less littering and cannot be tampered for cheating.

Cannot believe its more advanced over in bolehland.

What i suspect is our side sign long contract with linked company. (Not sure who owns linked company) [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

heard LTA considering some kind of GPS based system to tax u on road usage instead of paying road tax base on ur vehicle cc.

so more u use, more u pay. I think fairer but definitely coz people to KPKB. So if that sys is really implemented, parking at public carpark is simple, coz they can track u down easily!!

when the time comes to that, I will be the first one to surrender my ride.

I have a friend who have this habit of folding them first and checking that they are correct then tear all. One fine day, he was in a rush. fold and quickly rush off. forgot to tear. luckily I think no patrol never kenna. But he did stop his folding before tearing.

if i tear a $10 coupon wrongly i'll go to HDB to change lah... but if 50cents or $1 or even $2 wah lao eh... ask urself worth anot... go there need petrol n need to pay for more parking. eh of day it's such a small amount can't even pump 1L of petrol lor. unless u r damn kok up everytime tear wrongly then bo bian

The name of the game is call "accumulate". I accumulate all the wrongly teared coupons, as long as got one tab not teared. Wait till they accumulate $10 or more, then go HDB change one booklet. As long as one tab not teared, even though the coupon year already expired, HDB should still change for you as it's considered not used yet.

yah lah so u fall into the category of what i mentioned in my last line "unless u r damn kok up everytime tear wrongly then bo bian"

i drive for around 5yrs don't really remember tearing coupon wrongly, maybe once or twice can't recall...

Edited by Tunge

Neutral Newbie

actually, what's the meaning of "folding" ?

means, never tear off but instead just "bend" the mth, date, hr, min is it?

never know that's a crime...

tearing off is so lei chey i feel

Alamak... parking charges are part and parcel of owning a car. Why want to cheat on little parking charges for? If really can't afford coupon parking then don't drive? If that person thick skin then ok lor... if not people will just think he so cheap skate. Parking at shopping centre/office building some more expensive than others, it's ok to choose to park at a cheaper place nearby to save money, individual choice. But coupon parking are the cheapest already and still want to cheat? Serve him right [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Now they're on trial for a new "SMS" parking thingy...

It's quite interesting although there may be times where people forget the SMS number to send to HAHA!

I remember watching on BBC Top Gear Clarkson, May and Hammond demonstrating the "Call to Park" feature that London has...

Automated Voice Recording : "In one word, describe your car colour"

Clarkson : "Urm"

AVR : "Your car colour has been registered as 'urm'" [dizzy]

I like the idea...if scratch in the right combo...win a 30 mins free parking !! [laugh] [laugh]

Haha. It is like.. lunch time.. -scratch scratch-

and the coupon says, you just won 5mins of free parking! [sweatdrop]

Alamak... parking charges are part and parcel of owning a car. Why want to cheat on little parking charges for? If really can't afford coupon parking then don't drive? If that person thick skin then ok lor... if not people will just think he so cheap skate. Parking at shopping centre/office building some more expensive than others, it's ok to choose to park at a cheaper place nearby to save money, individual choice. But coupon parking are the cheapest already and still want to cheat? Serve him right [:p]

Coupon parking in town not that cheap also. $1 per half hr, means $2 an hour. Comparable to some private carparks liao.

And if you park for a long time, imagine must tear how many. Sometimes the summon also cheaper than tearing the coupon.

Coupon parking in town not that cheap also. $1 per half hr, means $2 an hour. Comparable to some private carparks liao.

And if you park for a long time, imagine must tear how many. Sometimes the summon also cheaper than tearing the coupon.

I think after dunno how many coupons, it will full day parking if I'm not wrong..

so parking for 12 hours don't equal to $12 or $24 in CBD

I think after dunno how many coupons, it will full day parking if I'm not wrong..

so parking for 12 hours don't equal to $12 or $24 in CBD

Found this in the URA website :

https://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ecas/motorist/coupon.cfm

Think just put up the combined values of $16.50 if parking the whole day for both URA or HDB carparks. If the carpark accepts $0.50/half an hour, then $10 will be enough.

Edited by WTF