• Bought the books and won the prize
    • Bought the books and didnt win anything
    • Never buy anything but won the prize
    • Never buy anything and won nothing
    • Didnt bother to reply
    • What reader digust big sweep??

Turbocharged

Hey guys,

I have been receiving this reader digest big sweep ticket stuff that gives u chance to win $$$ even without purchase. Thing is, its getting annoying they keep sending and sending non stop the tickets and they CLAIM that only 3% of Singaporeans are lucky enough to receive the tickets. [rolleyes]

Now i m running a poll to check how many of us in MCF are in that lucky 3% [sly]

At the same time, did anyone of that 3% really win anything [gossip]

Edited by Yeshe
↡ Advertisement

they will say..to get the prize...u have to buy from them...

Personally, I feel that they are the most enviromental unfriendly company.... wasting paper to do all unproductive gimmick....

it's the www world.... they should start to change the way they do business.....

Neutral Newbie

Personally, I feel that they are the most enviromental unfriendly company.... wasting paper to do all unproductive gimmick....

it's the www world.... they should start to change the way they do business.....

Agree with you.... stop replying to them after two year..haha

do u know if there's anybody who won without buying things from them? i always still remain the hopeful type although there's no free lunch on this world...

Just throw away the letters.. You will NEVER win anything..

In my case, I had cancelled the subscription months ago and I am still one of the "lucky 3%" to receive their lucky draw letter even today.. I just throw them away

Turbocharged

no leh, they say u can choose not to buy and still have chance to win, just lesser prize $$$ [rolleyes]

If they have to use lottery to entice you to read their content, doesn't say much at all about what they write. The publication has slipped badly and I mean really badly since its peak when it was respected. Gone the way of the dogs, as they say.

my rules of thumb, as long a see a leaflet with huge words stating "$$$$ to be WON".. or "lucky draw", or "Reply to win..." or "u r the man"..... it will straightaway go into the dustbin beside the letter box... [blush] never believe in free lunch...period.

I do subscribed to RD...but never won anything yet. Recently they started to send their sweepstakes via email as well. I think the lucky draw could be a scam as almost everyone in my family received them, even tho' we live in different parts of spore.

I guess this is how they do it...they randomly select people from some database and send u their lucky draw letters...if you don't reply a few times, they will stop sending to u soon.

if u reply, they will carry on sending to you. so if u do not want to receive from them, simple just ignore their letters and they will not send to u in time to come.

cheers

Edited by Sabretan

They buy customer database.

Your info in banks are sold all over.

I got a RD big sweep courtesy of UOB.

They tell me, I'm very close to winning. I've qualified based on blah..blah..blah selection criteria.

I'm in the final stage of winning the price, so very close. [laugh]

I just laugh and throw all the bs mails away.

Google for reader digest big sweep and you'll read all about it.

It's amazing they are not sued here.

Edited by Kb27