Places to visit in Vancouver

Fishy

I will be in Vancouver next week, any suggestions to places to visit and outlets to shop?

Thank you for the suggestions!

cheers

↡ Advertisement

go to china town for the best tim sum in the world

take ferry to victoria island! [thumbsup]

if late for ferry, dun speed, the high way police

will be waiting!

go to china town for the best tim sum in the world

take ferry to victoria island! [thumbsup]

if late for ferry, dun speed, the high way police

will be waiting!

any particular restaurant? i love dim sum! [thumbsup]

Stanley park is a muz go. Check out north vancouver too. And if u haf transport, go to english bay and check out the beautiful sunset. Also check steveston fishing village. u get to see fisherman bring in their catch. Dun forget to catch a movie at the imax theatre at Canada place. try renting a car and drive up to mount seymour. Beautiful views and u can even see mount baker in the distance. And if u haf a sunny day there(usually rains) head to white rock beach in Delta and spend the day there.

Stanley park is a muz go. Check out north vancouver too. And if u haf transport, go to english bay and check out the beautiful sunset. Also check steveston fishing village. u get to see fisherman bring in their catch. Dun forget to catch a movie at the imax theatre at Canada place. try renting a car and drive up to mount seymour. Beautiful views and u can even see mount baker in the distance. And if u haf a sunny day there(usually rains) head to white rock beach in Delta and spend the day there.

what is available in Stanley Park?

I just came back from there last month after activating my PR. Vancouver is a beautfiul place but take note that there's road closure downtown due to Winter Olympics 2010. So much to do there. How long will you be there?

Will you be renting a car? If so, it is much more accessible. Places to go are Stanley Park, Grouse Mountain, Capilano suspension bridge, Gastown, Canada Place, etc. Too many places lah.

Do take the BC Ferries to Victoria, beautiful place. The Chinatown is not safe at night, please take note. A lot of homeless people. Most chinese after making it, have moved to an area called Richmond.

I will be in Vancouver next week, any suggestions to places to visit and outlets to shop?

Thank you for the suggestions!

cheers

Depending on how long is your stay....

If have few days to spare....take a cruise trip up to Alaska.

Should be a beautiful sights at this time of the year...fresh salmon..eats until you "scared".. [thumbsup]

correct. Richmond is now the real chinatown in Vancouver. Am sure you can get good dim sum there too. just head to any big malls there and look out for Chinese restaurant....those that has a lot of Chinese eating, not those "Smosgaborg" (buffet) place catering to Ang-mo. Do also try those supper places that serve porridge, something like our teochew porridge, but ta-lang, as they called it there in cantonese, is quite nice and to me, taste better than those in HK.

there are none of the Chealsea Premium Outlets that you find all over the US in Vancouver.

if short trip and want some mountain view, can head up to Burnaby Mountain. Not exactly a mountain but more like a hill, still can give you a good view of downtown Vanvouver and the snow capped mountains in the north. While you are there, can drop by Simon Fraser Uni (spent good 4 years there..) and their new township nearby called UniverCity.

hope u get some good weather, autumn in Vancouver brings a lot of rain there.

I will be there for slight about 10 days, will be staying with a relative.

are there any major outlets for shopping? my wife got a long list...

we will be visiting salmon farms and apple farms , whistler, victoria island and maybe make crossborder trip into the states

You might want to visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge in South Vancouver. Before going to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, you can drop by the Lonsdale Quay Market, where you have variety of food there, and there is a Bus Terminal just next to the market, one of the bus service will bring you to Capilano Suspension Bridge. My last trip to Vancouver in Jun this year, I was staying at the Empire Landmark Hotel, overlooking the Vancouver Harbour. you can find most of the branded shops around there. When I was there, the Coach was having sales, and we bought some Coach bags at 50% discount. The Shop is actually located at 755, Burrard Street Vancouver BC. Since you are there for about 10 days, you may want to join the local tour to tour the Rocky. Last but not least, Lake Lois is another scenic place not to miss.

Vancouver more for scenery. Maybe can drive over to US for shopping?

Suggest you rent a car. A lot more places can be explore. Get a GPS, that's what I did. Never got lost once. I was using Garmin 255W preloaded with north america maps.

Yes, not forgetting Whistler too. The drive on Sea to Sky highway to Whistler is very nice.

If have few days to spare....take a cruise trip up to Alaska.

Should be a beautiful sights at this time of the year...fresh salmon..eats until you "scared".. [thumbsup]

You've obviously never been, it's actually a disgusting sight.

The salmon are huge, red, dying and stinking.

The fishermen don't even need bait to catch em, they just attach huge 4-way hooks to the end of their fishing rods, throw it into the midst of the school and drag the mofos back onto shore.

But after seeing such a sight, the last thing on your mind is to eat it, and the price ain't as cheap as you think, you could actually get cheaper salmon in New York and San Fran!

I will be there for slight about 10 days, will be staying with a relative.

are there any major outlets for shopping? my wife got a long list...

we will be visiting salmon farms and apple farms , whistler, victoria island and maybe make crossborder trip into the states

since you are there for 10 days, you may consider popping down to seattle. there's a chelsea outlet mall. see link:

outlet mall

↡ Advertisement