Skoda Roomster: How many times have uu seen this car before?

Alfisti168

How many times have you seen the Roomster on the road before?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. abc

• >3 times

Yesterday while walking towards my car, I was thinking of something and forget and press the unlock boot instead of unlock car. I thow my bag in the boot and slame it shut!!

wah, this feeling I got before, key was on the back shelf. Stared at the key while slamming the boot, can only GASP and KNN *&@%$#.... but too late. Heng unlike you, spare key was at home so took cab home to get it. [:p]

How did the 2nd bunch of locksmith manage to open it ? I thnk the next time they also siam job if they hear "SKODA" [laugh]

Years ago, my jeepun car only took minutes to open and cost me $50. Yours ? 2 man + 2 hours = $300. your money "pai tarn" :wacko:

on the lighter side, count yourself very lucky to still have your HP & wallet !!! or else lagi jia lat.

for info (someone educated me on this before), the octavia's door (maybe similar to roomy or other models) operate on a 2 lock mechanism, very hard to break. The boot ?!? worse, can never open it, its really SHUT TIGHT.

↡ Advertisement

wa ruzhyo... wat an ordeal you had to go thru...

but hor... this is an inspiring story... make me feel that i got a really secure car! no wonder no alarm installed...

BUT hor... i was just thinkin... the lock system inside the car is that button infront of the hand brake right? wat if that thing spoil... then all will be locked INSIDE the car instead of outside... since no individual door unlocking device for all doors??? so must wave at passer-by... open window... then say: "errrr.. sorry ah... can open my car door for me?" hahhaha.... [bigcry]

OK since we talking Roomster here, I share with u all a very cok story.

The Roomster comes with 2 remote control/keys.

I normally have 1 in a Nike pouch which is clip to my running shoes.

Those who have meet me b4 must be thinking "This fat ass can run?" Yes, I do jog daily at east coast. U can catch me at carpark F2 every night about 11pm.

After run, I will put this key in my dash board glove box (yes the ROOMster got 2 big glove box, lots of ROOM).

The other key I normally use is with a big key chain, hooked to my schoolbag (yes I am a student).

Yesterday while walking towards my car, I was thinking of something and forget and press the unlock boot instead of unlock car. I thow my bag in the boot and slame it shut!!

WAH! How body shake ah! Blur liao, I locked myself out of my car. Die loh this time. Quickly call HA and the nice ppl there direct me to a locksmith.

Fella came down in less then 20mins. Tried and tried, sweat a river, curse and swear. After 1 hour, gave up. No way to open the Roomster. I don't know happy or sad. The freaking car is super secure.

No choice loh, I call HA again. All left already as its about 6pm but Ang Moh was there and answered my call. Very nice fella, explain to me how the lock works and such. But after listen to him, lagi no hope. The car is super secure.

Only thing to do is smash window or order new keys.......both are expensive options and take time to order......habis

Took a MRT downtown from Woodlands. Go coffeeshop have 2 beers and went home sad and stressed. My keys, laptop etc all in my car. So sad lah, only have wallet and mobile phone.

Back at home, I searched the internet and found a locksmith. Called them and they quote me $300. Cannot open no charge. Fair enough, I guess. Told them my car stuck where and took a taxi from Bedok to Woodlands.

Before I reach they already there and working on the car already.

After about 2 hours, they manage to open it. Heng ah! Manage to hook out my Nike pouch from the closed glove box. Very very heng press on the correct button to unlock the boot.

Lesson learned. Gotta go make extra key and keep at home.

NEVER PUT BOTH KEYS IN CAR!!!

if your insurance have unlimited windscreen replacement, can smash the front, and get your key, then order a replacement screen from HA to replace.. it's free but a few days of downtime..

if you have solar film, then you just need a small hole to get thru.. as for the mess, it depends.. ..

but then, it doesn't cost u $300..

Edited by Sony

wa ruzhyo... wat an ordeal you had to go thru...

but hor... this is an inspiring story... make me feel that i got a really secure car! no wonder no alarm installed...

BUT hor... i was just thinkin... the lock system inside the car is that button infront of the hand brake right? wat if that thing spoil... then all will be locked INSIDE the car instead of outside... since no individual door unlocking device for all doors??? so must wave at passer-by... open window... then say: "errrr.. sorry ah... can open my car door for me?" hahhaha.... [bigcry]

Also try to press the button but key not in, no way to open. If u in the car and engine off, some one use remote lock u in.......habis

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee... got my ride yesterday... the satin grey colour turned out to be quite catchy!

took it to fix my HU, kudos to the techs who had to get it done in the heavy rain condition...

went back home and fitted all the hello kitty stuff my wife bought... then fetched my parents-in-law go selegie eat 'dou hua you tiao' and fetch them back...

then drove all the way to pasir ris and back to serangoon central on the TPE...

Just love my ride haha! today my parent's turn, gonna fetch the whole family go makan out :D

I did not disagree...

Have to say... it might look like those panel EuroVan but it's no way drives like one. It's an agile and able car around corners and bends.. it's best is on straight..very smooth indeed.

my EuroVan is agile and able car around corners and bends.. it's best is on straight..very smooth indeed too

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee... got my ride yesterday... the satin grey colour turned out to be quite catchy!

took it to fix my HU, kudos to the techs who had to get it done in the heavy rain condition...

went back home and fitted all the hello kitty stuff my wife bought... then fetched my parents-in-law go selegie eat 'dou hua you tiao' and fetch them back...

then drove all the way to pasir ris and back to serangoon central on the TPE...

Just love my ride haha! today my parent's turn, gonna fetch the whole family go makan out :D

then you better not go HA and see the price of your current new ride...

well according to my SE this blackout sales does not include the roomster... so... [bounce2]

today i actually drove past skoda's showroom going to tiong bahru plaza... it was really a "black out" sale, all the glass panels were covered with opaque material so i can't look in!

heard that the sales were not bad... so we should see more octavias & superbs on the road soon [drivingcar]

well according to my SE this blackout sales does not include the roomster... so... [bounce2]

today i actually drove past skoda's showroom going to tiong bahru plaza... it was really a "black out" sale, all the glass panels were covered with opaque material so i can't look in!

heard that the sales were not bad... so we should see more octavias & superbs on the road soon [drivingcar]

if I'm your SE, I will also tell you that the car you just brought is not on discount and selling cheaper than what you paid.

haha ok, SE told me the roomy went for 58k... not so heart pain la cos i got it just a tad higher... but the insurance... [knife]

Anyway some issues with my VRoomster:

1) The aircon coming from the left front passenger side compared to driver side is stronger?

2) My rear fog light (when you pull out the headlight knob) only lights up on the right side, left side no light?

3) The speakers are actually missing from the rear passenger doors? So I only got 4 speakers in front??

Spoke to my SE about this, he'll check item 3 out, item 1 & 2 I think have to go service centre check it out...

Fellow Roomy owners, anything to share about this?

Wa, your if the 3 points are due to manufacturing fault, then it speaks a lot about the quality of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if reliability is an issue for silver arrow cab company as they've retired a lot of the skodas from their fleet.

Actually I pay a few K less then the 58K with bodykit and front mud guards thrown in................ I guess I got a good deal.

For aircon, u can control the flow.

If u close 1 the rest will be more power. Play around with it.

Rear foglight is right side only

Speakers front only.

Go Chuan Sing. Tell them the black Roomster sent u, want the same package hahahhaha

They will hook up up with 11 speakers.

Edited by Ruzhyo

Wa, your if the 3 points are due to manufacturing fault, then it speaks a lot about the quality of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if reliability is an issue for silver arrow cab company as they've retired a lot of the skodas from their fleet.

Believe it's the transmission issue - lack of maintenance and abuse by these hooligans.

Actually I pay a few K less then the 58K with bodykit and front mud guards thrown in................ I guess I got a good deal.

For aircon, u can control the flow.

If u close 1 the rest will be more power. Play around with it.

Rear foglight is right side only

Speakers front only.

Go Chuan Sing. Tell them the black Roomster sent u, want the same package hahahhaha

They will hook up up with 11 speakers.

Ruz is right about the aircon and rear fog light.

If your SE promised you 6 speakers and gave you 4, go F him upsidedown. But if std is 4, do like what Ruz did lol...

U've got a super exclusive car, more rare than cars that costs >500K. [drivingcar]

You are right Rickster [thumbsup]

There's this Portugese superintendent on the construction site I work at, he was like "You bought a Skoda?? Good Choice!!! I have a Fabia special edition 16V engine in Portugal... Audi A7... blah blah..."

Then he went on and on and ask me to open my bonnet, explain to me how the different parts work, the safety features of the engine block etc etc! Even HA also never give much explanation about the features...

Well... I guess the Europeans can really identify with us Skoda owners and appreciate this branding... let the others think of the Roomy as a van... I love my car wahahhah [bounce2]