Rickster

How much savings do you have?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How much savings?

• <$15K
    • $15K - $25K
    • >$25K

paper value consider saving?

bank not much $..all dump into paper value..unless sold off.if not i wont consider as cash..

last week just paper loss 30k.. [sleeping] hibernating now [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Ya lor, coz I realised many of them dun even have $10K savings [sweatdrop] .

Personally, I believe one should have at least $25K of savings at 30 years old, else very jia lat leh, anything happen onli, siao liao...

$25K, excluding the amount of money you need to get married, buy a flat, renovate and furnitures.

Neutral Newbie

$150K saving. however outstanding housing loan $300K. however if i sell my house i can make $450K profit. Complicated man!

financial status has to be evaluated based many factors

Neutral Newbie

U gotta belive it... coz even until now, pple have been borrowing hundreds from me.

They seem to spend whatever they earn.

I tell pp who wanted to borrow $ from me not to do so unless super emergency type (like operations or else sure die wan type of cases) cos 100% it's going to hurt our relationship.

$150K saving. however outstanding housing loan $300K. however if i sell my house i can make $450K profit. Complicated man!

financial status has to be evaluated based many factors

are u under 30? I believe the TS was interested in info from this age group hehe

Been encountering a number of my friends (30 & under) getting into minor financial problem despite not having a family & holding a stable job.

Most of them do not own cars.

So like to find out how the bros in MCF fare.

For bros who are 40 & under, can also poll in how much you have in savings 10 years ago (salary din increase much since last 10yrs [smallcry] ).

Edit: Applicable for those who have a tertiary education. ITE & A level included.

I do not like ppl to talk about money ....becos when you do, ppl like Throttle will appear!..hahahaha

The issue of having money or NOT having money is very simple.

Have money ...don't flash around!

Don't have money...nothing to flash around and definitely should NOT be buying on credit or owing others money! :D

I tell pp who wanted to borrow $ from me not to do so unless super emergency type (like operations or else sure die wan type of cases) cos 100% it's going to hurt our relationship.

exactly.....i loaned a frd some money once....and he in turn loaned it someone else (I didn't know). When came time to repay his debt.....all quiet...I waited for 3 months before asking...and guess what? It was not as in he didn't have it...he had it! Just didn't wanna be penalized for early withdrawal from some invetsment...wow! what a pal!

damage done..got my money back ...and no more pals

I do not like ppl to talk about money ....becos when you do, ppl like Throttle will appear!..hahahaha

The issue of having money or NOT having money is very simple.

Have money ...don't flash around!

Don't have money...nothing to flash around and definitely should NOT be buying on credit or owing others money! :D

wah, dont beat around the bush, dont like me dont like me lah.

I "appear" only to guide people, sometimes harshly, i know.

Edited by Throttle2

Learn to invest.........only buy when you really need the item.........a 50K renovation will not increase your home value by 50K.

but a 50K reno make your house more sellable if you maintain it nicely. but of couse make sure the design is nice too lah..

Supercharged

I beg to differ. I think alot of young people nowadays plan overtly and work underly LOL

They have many plans to invest, and many actually lose money speculating/gambling on the stock market or speculating/gambling on property or whatever rather than putting their energies into improving their daily work itself.

I'm very old fashioned, I believe in the virtue of a hard day's work and hard-earned money. Rich or poor, i leave it up to fate.

I say investing...not speculating. They are different. It is strange that everytime someone say "invest"...many think speculating la, play contra la, suicide la, lehman la etc,. etc....piang eh.....

Financial planning means you plan how much to save, how much to spend, how much to invest in either FD, bonds, stocks, etc, so that at the end of the day, you get a return that is better than putting your money 100% in a savings account and earn like...0.125% interest? There is a whole art and science to it......otherwise, it would be easy to pass the CFA and be an investment banker.

Hard daily work can help to earn more surely, but without a proper financial plan, one will just spend all the money away. Earn more spend more....in the end, same with the guy who earn less but spend less.

Supercharged

but a 50K reno make your house more sellable if you maintain it nicely. but of couse make sure the design is nice too lah..

depends on location. Not always true.

Furthermore, sometimes buyer doesn't like your renovation or design and it makes the house harder to sell. Especially if the seller has some weird preference.

few days back, I was looking at a house.....nice location everything, but it has an expensive victorian theme and design. Darn...I am not King Philip or Prince Charles....for what I want such theme? If it is not for the reno, I would have got it.

depends on location. Not always true.

Furthermore, sometimes buyer doesn't like your renovation or design and it makes the house harder to sell. Especially if the seller has some weird preference.

few days back, I was looking at a house.....nice location everything, but it has an expensive victorian theme and design. Darn...I am not King Philip or Prince Charles....for what I want such theme? If it is not for the reno, I would have got it.

victorian? fu*cking ugly even for 10,000sft mansion.

haha

victorian? fu*cking ugly even for 10,000sft mansion.

haha

These kinda houses with the olden-days reno never fails to give me the creeps if i were to stay overnight in them alone [inlove]

A fresh coat of paint also make the house look clean, nice and neat. [:)]

Simple, deco to give the bright & airy feel + a new coat of paint will never fail to impress [thumbsup]