How much savings do you have?

Rickster

How much savings do you have?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How much savings?

• <$15K
    • $15K - $25K
    • >$25K

Been encountering a number of my friends (30 & under) getting into minor financial problem despite not having a family & holding a stable job.

Most of them do not own cars.

So like to find out how the bros in MCF fare.

For bros who are 40 & under, can also poll in how much you have in savings 10 years ago (salary din increase much since last 10yrs [smallcry] ).

Edit: Applicable for those who have a tertiary education. ITE & A level included.

Edited by Rickster
↡ Advertisement

wah your range so narrow ah....i have slightly less than $30K and i'm under 30. But that doesn't count much, it's less than one year's salary...in case of any emergency, i'm dead meat LOL I think u should upp it to $100K or something....

I believe those who are in financial trouble, yet have no family of their own nor own cars, yet having stable jobs, are either:

1) spendthrift

2) simply not making enough money.

Like i've a friend, already 30 years old, still living with his dad and no car, no viable career and not much savings :( Simply because he only has a sec sch education....how u want him to make enough?

(edited)

Ya lor, coz I realised many of them dun even have $10K savings [sweatdrop] .

Personally, I believe one should have at least $25K of savings at 30 years old, else very jia lat leh, anything happen onli, siao liao...

Edited by Rickster

agree with skunky, the range is too narrow and low.

U gotta belive it... coz even until now, pple have been borrowing hundreds from me.

They seem to spend whatever they earn.

why would the range be narrow? if you all are having moe than 25k...den just click on the latter lor.

i think TS set the amt for under 30s.

Edited by Babyt

no savings leh... only -ve assets.... [bigcry]

Car u mean? [lipsrsealed]

When i mean savings, i mean those money that you have in the bank after deducting all your monthly expenses & credit card bills.

U gotta belive it... coz even until now, pple have been borrowing hundreds from me.

time to ask 'em to f-off. I've never lent more than $50 to anyone in my life and i don't intend to break it. I'm not a freaking bank lol

time to ask 'em to f-off. I've never lent more than $50 to anyone in my life and i don't intend to break it. I'm not a freaking bank lol

Thats y i'm asking tis question. Every few months, sure got pple coming to take a small loan from me of a few hundred bucks to tide them over for awhile.

So far, those who return, I will continue to lend.

Those that no return, too bad, just take it that I've paid the money to see thru that person. [furious]

Supercharged

Many young people thesedays lack financial planning. I am not sure why.

It pays to be able to analyse the economy, the stock market, knows which sector is booming or dooming and have a mid term investment plan to maximise your money.

Anyway, I guess people spend money is good la...keep the economy running while the frugal ones will just keep enhancing their wealth.

It pays to be able to analyse the economy, the stock market, knows which sector is booming or dooming and have a mid term investment plan to maximise your money.

Anyway, I guess people spend money is good la...keep the economy running while the frugal ones will just keep enhancing their wealth.

becos all want to buy cars on HP and join MCF, hahaha

I beg to differ. I think alot of young people nowadays plan overtly and work underly LOL

They have many plans to invest, and many actually lose money speculating/gambling on the stock market or speculating/gambling on property or whatever rather than putting their energies into improving their daily work itself.

I'm very old fashioned, I believe in the virtue of a hard day's work and hard-earned money. Rich or poor, i leave it up to fate.

I beg to differ. I think alot of young people nowadays plan overtly and work underly LOL

They have many plans to invest, and many actually lose money speculating/gambling on the stock market or speculating/gambling on property or whatever rather than putting their energies into improving their daily work itself.

I'm very old fashioned, I believe in the virtue of a hard day's work and hard-earned money. Rich or poor, i leave it up to fate.

you not old fashion lah,

you are siao....

just like me.....hahaaha