[New bulbs] HIR

Icyfreakass

In my opinion HID is good ; except that it may not be legal , .......Thks to some black sheep.

Guess the next best without getting into trouble with the law is the HIR ; as it is still Halogen.

I understand that some Toyota are equip with HIR as standard OEM bulb.

Lifespan.............honestly dont know........ mine installed on a Hyundai still working (after some 1.8 yrs).

btw, ur HIR bulbs look like the orignal GE design bulbs.

the Toshiba HIRs dun have the stems....they look more like normal halogens, just that the bulb has the swollen design...

↡ Advertisement

the Toshiba HIRs dun have the stems....they look more like normal halogens, just that the bulb has the swollen design...

Now that you mentioned this, will is off set the "centerness" of the bulb with regards to the reflectors in the headlamp assembly?

Hi all,

I bought some of these HIR in H7 for my own use.

I had tried them and found that they are indeed brighter than normal hologen ; especially if your headlights are those projector or with an aluminium covering cap over the bulb.

anyway, had some left over. I can sell them to any bros here who want to try.

Had bought 3 colour of the HIR in H7 only. (clear, light blue tint and blue tint) and depends on individual prefer.

Will post some pic here soon after i charge my camera.

Keep all posted on the price and pic.

do you have any specs on the HIR vs the normal Halogen, I just want to compare the brightness [thumbsup]

DO note. The technology is in the reflective flims and not the shape

Our stocks just arrived from korea. A guy from bike forum waited together with me for the stocks and installed on the spot.

It is very very bright. Brighter than a 100watt crystal white. However HIR does not come in white. Its a little orange.

↡ Advertisement