How to remove windscreen oil film effectively ?

Contax

wonder why i don't have such issues. i drive over 30k a yr average, so it's not that i don't use my ride.

i guess it might be because i use the wiper spray every other day at least (try not to kena pple behind unless they irritate me). use silicone wiper blades and wiper reservoir mixed with rain X and windscreen cleaner.

the drawback is that it judders like crazy. but the wiping is tok kong. and the silicone wiper blade will last over 1.5 yrs of my normal usage. then it will be like a 3 mth old normal rubber wiper.

funny compounds on the windscreen might clear the oil, but affect wiper rubber.

↡ Advertisement

The first time I use silicon blade, it was a cheap pair from JB. I was surprised that the area covered by the blade was free from the streaks.

You can see the streaks around it from not that area.

Subsequently, it seemed to lose the effect or I didn't used it long enough.

The next question is where do you parked, does open carpark or mscp makes a difference?

What shampoo you used? Does it make a difference?

anyhow use shampoo.. i park open air and leave the blades resting on the windscreen always. silicone can tahan [thumbsup]

but i do clean the blades every month or so. cos dirt and grime builds up and fouls the wiping. i will also wipe off the accumulated grime from the area on the windscreen where the wiper reaches the end of the stroke. think u get the picture.

every 2-3 mths, i will use a fine abrasive to buff the entire edge of the blade to reduce the fine streaks which eventually set in.

i think silicone blades will still judder a bit even w/o the rainX. but i prefer a proper wipe to smooth but useless wiping. different people have different needs/wants. btw, there's a sweet spot for rainX dosage. now i added too much, the juddering is rather bad. but if i had used less, the effect would be quite bearable by my standards

been doing this for over 2 yrs now and am happy with it. [flowerface] never felt tempted to upgrade to frameless wipers or bosch aero twin or stuff like tt.

anyway, i got the silicone blades from jusco. did u buy from there also? RM11 for one piece. dirt cheap. locally hard to find even normal rubber blade at this price.

Also tried already...3m ultra fine sandpaper. [:(]

It can polish glass, but you'll be very tired and you have to careful not to scratch the glass.

Yup, the streaks will be back in no time.

I keep coming back to the Jap oil film remover and Nu-glass.

gosh...you are very updated with these stuffs .

I guess I'll continue with the jap's oil film remover .

Btw , I park my ride 24/7 in open air carpark both house and office .

Bro , do you think it will work ? I'm interested.

Aquapel Glass Repellent & Cleaner Kit

http://www.autogeek.net/aquapel-glass-kit.html

"Aquapel protects the glass from dirt and road grime, too. On an untreated windshield, oily deposits mix with rain and create that cloudy film over the glass. Windshield wipers just smear this mixture over the glass. On a windshield treated with Aquapel, the dirt and oil sits on top of the clear coating and beads up along with the rain water. The wipers whisk it away. "

"Aquapel protects the glass from dirt and road grime, too. On an untreated windshield, oily deposits mix with rain and create that cloudy film over the glass. Windshield wipers just smear this mixture over the glass. On a windshield treated with Aquapel, the dirt and oil sits on top of the clear coating and beads up along with the rain water. The wipers whisk it away. "

I haven try this yet..Do a search first..see if you can grab some reviews [thumbsup]

There is another one call diamondnite something like tat..

Edited by Maddriver

gosh...you are very updated with these stuffs .

I guess I'll continue with the jap's oil film remover .

Btw , I park my ride 24/7 in open air carpark both house and office .

I clean/polished my windscreen with the japs oil film remover last wednesday and over the weekends , continuous rain throughout the day has smear the windscreen again .

Now I can see the tiger strip effect whenever I use the jet spray and wiper .

[smash]

I would say it did removed the initial oil film/water mark/tiger strip on the windscreen .

When I use the wiper in the morning , the action is smoother and quieter and I can see that there's no visible smear that can be seen when view from various angle .

It's only happen in the afternoon (it was raining whole day) , I started to 'see' that strip reapperaing slowly again.... bo-pian , gotta to scrube again when I get back from work tonight .

Your NU glass is those wipe and clean type or must I scrube like the japs stuff ?

thanks bro.

I bought the windscreen polishing compound call "Glass compound Z" made by soft99 http://www.soft99.co.jp/en/products/detail/8/115

from autobacs yesterday morning (saturday) and applied it yesterday afternoon after I wash and claybar it on all windows and back windscreen .

Early this morning , encounter a heavy and prolong rain till this afternoon 3~4pm and the windscreen was perfect without a trace of oil films. Wiper (16months old) action was smooth and no 'arresting' action noticable.

Best of all , it cost less than $12.00 .

'swee- swee- boh- moh- peng ! '

thanks bro.

I bought the windscreen polishing compound call "Glass compound Z" made by soft99 http://www.soft99.co.jp/en/products/detail/8/115

from autobacs yesterday morning (saturday) and applied it yesterday afternoon after I wash and claybar it on all windows and back windscreen .

Early this morning , encounter a heavy and prolong rain till this afternoon 3~4pm and the windscreen was perfect without a trace of oil films. Wiper (16months old) action was smooth and no 'arresting' action noticable.

Best of all , it cost less than $12.00 .

'swee- swee- boh- moh- peng ! '

U and Bro KB power la... [thumbsup]

I wonder if rainX has the same effect. i always get it squeaky clean

if the rain is prolonged, the squeaking or juddering disappears after some time too.

Neutral Newbie

sometimes really cant tahan the juddering..

clean the wipers, windscreen, use toothpaste also..shiok for awhile..few days..then judder liaoz..sibeh sian..really dun know what to do liaoz..

change wipers..also kinda chor..coz just change not long ago..so...now also kinda rainy season.... [

U and Bro KB power la... [thumbsup]

now finally (i know it will re-occur again sometime later) solve the oil film issue.

btw , I also bought the 3M sandpaper design for scrubbing windscreen if the polishing compound should fail .

less than $12.00? so cheap!

i bought it at $16.00 fr ntuc amkhub <_<

btw feel that it is effective to clean ur windscreen

yes this stuff really works.

My normal wiper(bought from petrol kiosk) is already 16months old and 24/7 under the sun still work perfectly and smoothly after the application .

swee ! [thumbsup]

I wonder if rainX has the same effect. i always get it squeaky clean

if the rain is prolonged, the squeaking or juddering disappears after some time too.

the Rain X just doesn't cut it for me , no matter how I apply the wiper will still judder .But it's good when you don't intend to use the wiper - just see the rainwater get repel away .

↡ Advertisement