Chevrolet Cruz

Kangadrool

Cool man, Looking forward to see the 1.4L TSI engine Cruze with 6-speed gear.

Will have to test drive it to compare with SKoda 1.4L with 7-speed DSG.

Is the 1.4 Tc engine really going to be available in SG? Will be interesting to see the Cruze stack against the 1.4 VW Jetta as well as the 1.4 Skoda Octavia 2009. [thumbsup]

Hopefully it can force HA to wake up their idea and abandon their wacko pricing [sleeping]

↡ Advertisement

Yes... wrong info given earlier.

Cruze 1.6 -> same as Optra VGIS DOHC engine

Cruze 1.8 -> is the 1 with VVT type of technology

but 1.8 is so much more pricy... which is like make it no pt...

Hi Windchoco, some correction

Both Engine are new "Double continuous cam phasing -DCVCP" aka variable v/v technology engine.

Both also have 2 step intake manifold (one for low rev, one for high rev) but the 1.8L feature a rotary sleeve instead of a flap switching device.

ref : Chevrolet Cruze brochure.

Hi Windchoco, some correction

Both Engine are new "Double continuous cam phasing -DCVCP" aka variable v/v technology engine.

Both also have 2 step intake manifold (one for low rev, one for high rev) but the 1.8L feature a rotary sleeve instead of a flap switching device.

ref : Chevrolet Cruze brochure.

Dunno leh... thats what i initially thought, but i assume the bros at team chevy forums are better informed, so i corrected myself... haha

Look like Altis from back view :D

It does not look like Altis, happen to see one Cruze on the road just now and thought that it was a Honda Civic but at closer look, it was a Cruze. [laugh]

allo, went to alphine eunos to take a look, now the price of this cruze auto is around 58K, no people at all, but not car to test drive, quite disappointed. The factory fit interior looks very ugly.. blue in colour .. change to leather .. need to pay.. only the 1.8L have leather and chrome fittings

Fuel consumption is 8.1L/100KM=12.34km/L.. i expect more as its a 6 speed gear box, quite disappointed with the FC.

But the interior minus the blue ugly fittings looks great to me ... thats all i can say..

Not bad, I'm getting at 54988k , SE just call me that my bank loan had being approve, can collect my car key before 15th of Oct'09. Well you manage to get any feebies from them?

Not bad, I'm getting at 54988k , SE just call me that my bank loan had being approve, can collect my car key before 15th of Oct'09. Well you manage to get any feebies from them?

hmmm... nothing leh, only extra floormat. u? so ur car belong to the first batch? my se say can collect in late sept or early oct leh

went for the test drive too , wasn't impressed , the salesman that i was assigned didn't know his car well enough to explain to me properly.

↡ Advertisement