Convert OPC to normal, the top up amount go to where?

Sgnick

Convert OPC to normal, the top up amount go to where?

Will the prorated $17K amount you pay to convert go back to become your OMV and COE immediately? Or will your OMV/COE still remain as OPC value?

↡ Advertisement

1) You can do the conversion at the LTA. Just bring your cheque book there (they will help you calculate how much to pay), and fill up a form. Done [thumbsup]

2) You'll be given a 3 days dead-line to get your plate changed from red to black.

Simple & straight forward.

Remember to bring all your relevant car ownership, road tax label, insurance & identification documents.

Edited by Rickster

thanks bros for the answers.been thinking of converting my OPC to normal plate too due to lifestyle changes(work).pardon my ignorance,but do i lose anything in financial terms when i scrap/sell of the car after conversion?

thanks bros for the answers.been thinking of converting my OPC to normal plate too due to lifestyle changes(work).pardon my ignorance,but do i lose anything in financial terms when i scrap/sell of the car after conversion?

Not realli, ur dep will be more considering u "topped up" to change it back to OPC, if u realli wan to go into e details.

Not diff when u scrap coz e un-used portion will be computed into ur PARF value.

Am driving a OPC. Just want to know how they calculate the amount to pay for the conversion? or it's fix 17k? thanks.

Bro, read carefully in e earlier posts. Its pro-rated (eg. if ur car is 1yr old, its 17k - 1.7k) [flowerface]

1) You can do the conversion at the LTA. Just bring your cheque book there (they will help you calculate how much to pay), and fill up a form. Done [thumbsup]

2) You'll be given a 3 days dead-line to get your plate changed from red to black.

Simple & straight forward.

Remember to bring all your relevant car ownership, road tax label, insurance & identification documents.

3 days? I will drive down to change immediately!! Take hammer and break e seal personally!! :D

3 days? I will drive down to change immediately!! Take hammer and break e seal personally!! :D

Ya, thats wat i was told by the counter staff at LTA when i changed my car frm red to black plate.

The freaking seal is dam solid. Need to pay $ to get the worshop to use the electric hacksaw to cut it off!

Ya, thats wat i was told by the counter staff at LTA when i changed my car frm red to black plate.

The freaking seal is dam solid. Need to pay $ to get the worshop to use the electric hacksaw to cut it off!

how mcuh you pay? i pay $90 to break the seal and install new number plates at WEE MOTORS. its the op used by CNC for number plates

how mcuh you pay? i pay $90 to break the seal and install new number plates at WEE MOTORS. its the op used by CNC for number plates

I paid $20 bucks to break the seal and another arnd $40 bucks at a separate shop to make the car plate.

They accept personal cheque, but make sure it does not bounce (enough funds in your account). Dun worry, u dun need to carry bags of notes to LTA. [laugh]

Dun think they allow u to ride on existing car loan / re-finance cos' its better for these sharks since if you are desperate, u might be tempted to take their personal loan/credit line at 24% pa. [knife]

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

if i were to convert my normal plate to opc, does it mean my depreciation remains unaffected too?

i'm having thoughts of converting, or buying a conti opc since i dun drive to work now... [confused]

↡ Advertisement