SGcarmart experience

Falc

I'm thinking of advertising there, direct seller.

Anyone has any experience, good or bad to share in dealing with the website and prospective buyers? [flowerface]

The website has all the forms for a private transaction, sounds quite idiot-proof if things go well. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Anyone has any experience, good or bad to share in dealing with the website and prospective buyers? [flowerface]

The website has all the forms for a private transaction, sounds quite idiot-proof if things go well. [sweatdrop]

wat car u selling?? put on forum first, maybe can get buyer here [idea]

haha ... Garage sale here doesn't even have a cars section.

Anyway the charge there is very affordable, i think volume should be good too no ?

Turbocharged

haha ... Garage sale here doesn't even have a cars section.

Anyway the charge there is very affordable, i think volume should be good too no ?

yes u will get alot of volume, alot of callers.. all from dealers [laugh][laugh]

unless u specify no dealers [smash]

Sounds bad huh ... but think cannot be as bad as selling property yourself - you get really agents and agents that i think i may as well join them haha . Big money there.

well just pay $20 over dollars and that will only be the cost incurred if you don't manage to sell the car...

the question is how many $20+ can you tahan?

my 2 cents

I used them 3 yrs ago and manage to sell it to a direct buyer at $2k more than offer from dealer/broker [thumbsup] but you will be getting calls from these people.

the site was easy and user friendly.

it's a good place to advertise, but be prepared for all kinds of ppl to view yr car. my car was sold to a layman and one week later, showed up in sg carmart. i guess he was a dealer posing. but since price is gd enuf for me, it doesn't really matter. key to selling is put clear pics, and only set fix time for viewing to prevent inconvenience. have svc records ready and avoid test drives unless no choice.

No problem with handling calls. When i was selling my own property, easily deal with 30+ agents/buyers in the process.

But the agent put it on sale after buying from you, how much more is he asking like that? [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Think is a good place to sell ur car, of course u will have to handle all the potential buyer yourself.

Before you start posting, do have in mind ur price range that you have in mind. No point selling ur car so much higher than a dealer unless you can justify for that.

if talking abt the site

it's good .

the best ad and traffic you can get in singapore for 20 plus dollars

guess for 2nd hand vehicles..

it's now like last time yahoo auction & hardwarezone marketplace for it stuffs.

but it still comes down to heng or suay, when dealing with the prospective buyer /seller .

lucky for myself, i had 2 lucky encounter, when getting my current ride (direct owner) and selling my previous ride ( dealer)

below is one recently link of a unlucky encounter

http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23770

Well if one wants to buy a performance car that's heavily modded (stage 2 in that case), the least is to bring to w/shop or do a STA evaluation. Juz becoz he bought from owner and a doctor doesn't mean he should let his guard down.

Long time ago i was negotiating to buy an EK4 from a direct owner. He was completely against me bring it to w/shop as a final step in the transaction process. I could smell far away something was fishy already.

it should be a good place to advertise....but yup u can try forums first....they are free....

or u can maybe put a signature with a site showcasing yr car.....

anyway there are many ways man....just think and be creative [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Well if one wants to buy a performance car that's heavily modded (stage 2 in that case), the least is to bring to w/shop or do a STA evaluation. Juz becoz he bought from owner and a doctor doesn't mean he should let his guard down.

Long time ago i was negotiating to buy an EK4 from a direct owner. He was completely against me bring it to w/shop as a final step in the transaction process. I could smell far away something was fishy already.

what's wrong with that EK4?

I just bot a car off sgcarmart. Only wanted direct owners coz I don't like to deal with dealers coz they r there to make a living. Fees, loans etc. I didn't need a loan so dealer's don't like my kind anyway.

Word of advice....agree on price first, of course sunbject to viewing, test dribe and evaluation. Buyers not exactly dumb. Be up front about car condition or else you waste everybody's time.

sgcarmart has some forms for you print out like a simple sales & purchase, haning over/taking over etc forms. Very well thought out. Give it a try.

Am sure dealers will call even if u tell them to stay away. You gotto live with it. I caqlled a direct owner who turned out to be a car dealer. Car was in ok shape but refused to to sell when hear not taking loan. Waste time right? Live and learn I guess. On average you will get a better price than selling to a dealer.

Good luck!

↡ Advertisement