CNG...Anyone regret installing???

Xiao_bai77

The reason I got CNG is so that I don't keep going into JB for petrol.

So far so good. Halve my fuel expenditure.

But I still see you in Jusco last weekend leh :D .

Regards,

That's my return trip from Desaru. Didn't even pump petrol. Gas all the way to Desaru and back. Come back all the gas used up already. 2 cylinders worth.

Neutral Newbie

Well some CNG supporters with heavy mileage/ high fuel expenditure would not regret it as they currently enjoy SOME savings BUT when they try to sell their car and finds out that 8 out of 10 car dealers don't take in CNG cars while the remainng 2 dealers offer super low prices for their CNG rides.Den they would regret getting 1 in the 1st place.

Well some CNG supporters with heavy mileage/ high fuel expenditure would not regret it as they currently enjoy SOME savings BUT when they try to sell their car and finds out that 8 out of 10 car dealers don't take in CNG cars while the remainng 2 dealers offer super low prices for their CNG rides.Den they would regret getting 1 in the 1st place.

No wonder used NGV MB can't command high price in the market.

Regards,

That is why the fervent bifuel users will not give up their cars. They just drive and drive and drive.

However, if you like to change car and all that, CNG is not for you. The E200 NGT is a sweet bifuel car to own if you can get a used one.

Neutral Newbie

I dun think anyone who can afford a MB would wan to go queue with taxis + other passenger cars every 1-2days for that $10-$20 per tank savings from petrol.

No wonder used NGV MB can't command high price in the market.

Regards,

All the CNG cars I see on the road are doing wheelies wherever they go... think the extra weight proves too much for the suspension to handle...

I dun think anyone who can afford a MB would wan to go queue with taxis + other passenger cars every 1-2days for that $10-$20 per tank savings from petrol.

Hahaha [laugh], I'm not so sure about the Singaporean now. Teacher can alter fuel meter, premium car owners can mantle with parking coupons and etc.

Regards,

There are no more queues since Toh Tuck opened.

Now most bifuel users just use until their cylinders empty and then go in as long as Mandai or Toh Tuck is along the way. Been seeing one or two NGTs frequently filling up and they are not taxis.

Neutral Newbie

hydrogen fuel cell is the future, coz there is unlimited supply.

watch this from top gear to understand the concept.

Lol .. i like the part 1.55 - 2.10 min of this clip .

Nice story you got there.

All the CNG cars that I seen on the road are rear heavy. The distance between the tyre to the fender is significantly showing that if you compare front and rear on a car with not other passenger other than the driver. Also there are 2 versions of KYB 443020 rear shocks for Kia Pride in Pakistan with one much thicker than the original because additional damping force is required to prevent this.

Tell me if I am wrong, don't need to show sarcasm. We are all here to learn and if I happen to have a skewed observation please enlighten me and not shove me away.

Because my car doesn't wheelie. And neither does any of the other bifuel cars I've seen.

The simple thing is that unlike crazy Pakistanis who seem good at making bombs, we don't over stuff the rear with as many cylinders as we can.

The installers will not do it. There was once a Camry installed with two cylinders in the boot. LTA ordered the second cylinder removed. The front was lifting up and that is enough to get it failed for inspection.

Which brings me to the next thing. More cylinders = more gas = more range. How much range do you want in SG? I know this is crucial for taxis. It is not crucial for private cars. Since there are so many bifuel taxis now, you just wait for them to open another filling station.

↡ Advertisement