Will be changing car to Kangoo

Guniang

juz did servicing plus change of water pump..

came up to $949

How often does the owner typically need to pay bill of such amount?

Is it about once a year?

It shld be 60000km servicing.

↡ Advertisement

came up to $949

How often does the owner typically need to pay bill of such amount?

Is it about once a year?

60k servicing...

requires change of timing belt as well..bout 200plus...

servicing bout 500plus..

so for most...it would be 2 yrs once..

but for me..its like once a yr [sweatdrop]

which version of goo u driving ?

mine is the 1.5dci...

have to admit conti parts is not cheap...

came up to $949

and there is a recurring engine light on issue..

now at workshop trying to get it fixed...

but overall quite a good ride to drive..

and driving slow is not realli a bad thing...

can acheive 950km for a tank of 42L(thats when i normally top up)

on 90% highway..

and averaging 650km in 100% city driving

with constant high revs...

just handover my car today and drove the kangoo....

mine if nt wrg i saw at the side is DCI70...dunno wads that...mayb u can update me... i also dunno to use mineral or synthetic oil..mines a diesel kangoo... currently at 80k plus mileage....so i think if like car will do the change of timing belt blah blah at 90k.....do u guys move off at first or 2nd gear?? 1st gear like kinda harsh.... and the clutch is a killer..... i wonder wad will happen if i stuck at a slope man....

i dun like the smell inside the kangoo...v smelly...time to buy car perfume or any way to clear the air?? i use maier air ioniser frm my previous car but epic fail... and the beep at 60km/hr is v irritating.... kinda nt use as driving style must change...

But, again, as mentioned, you can buy an aftermarket 'sofa' and put behind. My parents have a Daihatsu Extol with a small sofa (supplied by dealer) behind.

Just curious, is it uncomfortable and stuffy sitting in the goods area of an Extol?

We don't do it often la. Most of the time it's only my younger brother (Pri 6) who sits behind.

Just curious how much u brought your kangoo? Reg date?

Sorry i nt to sure hw...i juz carry on installment...abt 9k plus left i guess... GY plate

DCI probably stands for Diesel Commonrail Injection

as for the 70, i think your version is the old 1.5L 70bhp version...

Haha thxs cos i bren reading tt dci70 gt turbo so i kinda confuse...but i really need to change tires urgently cos thr back is using spare tires...where can i change rims n tires? Same like car? Any law state i cant change to sports rims

your dci70 should be the "newer" one already coz this model got turbo and it's only 1.5L. Maybe got newer models which I didn't update myself for the past 2 years.

This model of kangoo is quite reliable according to workshops. But there are still some chronic problems for renault kangoos such as timing belt. Manufacturer recommend every 60k replacement and I think it's very expensive / short life. But the workshop always scare you and say "this is turbo...very fast pichar if you don't change"

But this car's driveability is good. Only the clutch is damn hard but think of it this way -> maybe it's a heavy duty clutch used for racing. [rolleyes]

currently have a kangoo sitting as a white elephant plus car insurance as a killer due to my age plus last yr involve in a minor accident but the claim was sky rocket heavenly godlike crazy....wrkshp claiming a door for the price of a new picanto.....so currently stuck and my insurance is due in a weeks time...thinking of driving this kangoo first and sell of my car....as time goes see how many get another new car...

just playing wif choices here and trying to save some cost here, plus my family got 2 cars, so i guess its wiser to sell my car n drive the kangoo...

nt sure tts why seeking great advice frm u guys...

nw i got a choice of having a vehicle to drive, thinking back to some who cant have choice they also LL take public...

really sad to sell cos its my first car but i dun really want to waste so much on my insurance too....sorry for the horrible english

Link

Is this your dad?

Fri, Jul 17, 2009

The New Paper

Young drivers get higher car insurance premiums

I REFER to the report "$3k claim after minor accident shocks man" (The New Paper, 9 Jul) and would like to share my son's experience.

He was involved in an accident with a taxi in April.

He was unable to take a photo because he was on his way to camp and no camera handphones are allowed there.

Both parties made their reports and after that, we received an acknowledgement from my son's insurance company that a third party claim had been made against him.

The company said it would settle the claim and a letter of settlement was sent to him, but it did not indicate the amount paid.

Then, when his insurance came up for renewal, we were shocked to see that the premium had doubled.

My son is 24 years old, with three years' driving experience, and his car is three years old.

He shopped around for cheaper insurance and was astonished to find that other companies were quoting even higher, or did not want to take him on at all because he is so young.

In that case, the authorities should change the minimum age at which one can get a driving licence.

And how can age be a true indication of driving experience?

It is quite possible that a much older person who has had a licence for many years may be driving much less than my son.

If young drivers are really unsafe on the road, they should not be given a driving licence.

READ MORE

- $3k claim after minor accident shocks man

But they should not be put in a position where they may be forced to sell their cars at a loss just because the insurance companies demand premiums they cannot afford.

Goh Kim Lian

haha definitely nt my dad....me n my dad relationship is nt tt good.... i depend more on myself on wad i can afford.....

I changed my driver door, the wrkshop charged me 30k for it... i had written a letter to msig for the justification but still no reply.....

So can i sae my GY plate DCI70 is turbo??

Yes i agree the clutch is damm hard... stuck on slope die liao...

Wads the height limit for kangoo to go into carpark ar??

just handover my car today and drove the kangoo....

mine if nt wrg i saw at the side is DCI70...dunno wads that...mayb u can update me... i also dunno to use mineral or synthetic oil..mines a diesel kangoo... currently at 80k plus mileage....so i think if like car will do the change of timing belt blah blah at 90k.....do u guys move off at first or 2nd gear?? 1st gear like kinda harsh.... and the clutch is a killer..... i wonder wad will happen if i stuck at a slope man....

i dun like the smell inside the kangoo...v smelly...time to buy car perfume or any way to clear the air?? i use maier air ioniser frm my previous car but epic fail... and the beep at 60km/hr is v irritating.... kinda nt use as driving style must change...

ohok..the dci70 is the 1.5L turbo charged version...

mine i use fully synethic ...normally i service at Billy Car Care over at sin ming..

timing belt supposingly change at 60k...

moving off is at 1st gear...and um..i think urs is similiar to urs..

super heavy clutch... [sweatdrop] as for slope..

juz whack more on the accelerator bah...

sometimes its not easy to find the half clutch...

as for smell..cant help..mine is smell-less heez..

and for swd issues..hmmm..cant be discussed here..

but if u are keen..i can direct u to the local forum for kangoos

(edited)

Dci = Diesel Common rail Injection (it's considered "high tech" diesel engine cos in the past direct injection for diesel engine is too violent(gives you plenty of vibration and noise), so most of the time is indirect fuel injection, but with today's technology(aka computer) the timing can be controlled to give less violent reactions.) These injectors on the common rail if I'm not wrong are from Bosch. Same ppl who make spark plug for petrol engines.

70= the version with around 70bhp. [drivingcar]

The carpark height limit won't be of any problem. Just dun speed thru the humps or the van will bounce and hit the railing.

Edited by Watwheels

haha....got turbo meh??? dun feel anything....

i gonna paste decals on my kangoo but still looking for place to do it....

think i gotta change tires and brakes, brake cable and mayb the brake rotor.... (prolly i still got the cheong mindset) but to be these are the most impt cos its the only thing to stop me and its the only contact to the ground...

i wanna change the steering wheel rubber.... repair the light or mayb add a over head light....as for air filter mayb change the OEM 1 to a aftermarket drop in...if its turbo means the air gotta b pretty clean...

wah...really like fun van to drive with.... oh yes curtain....haha...some privacy....swd is pretty soft so i can bear with it... mayb add more speakers and change the HU will do...

Better stick to buying a car. You have been so use the the speed of driving a car, it's difficult for you to adapt the 70km/hr speed limit in the expressway. Anything above the speed limit you will be taking a huge risk. Not too long ago a Eurovan crash along CTE Near the Braddel exit, all 4 adults on board passed away, 2 infront 2 behind.

Van no matter how.... it's design for transportation of goods. I would suggest stick to car if you have a family.

no seatbelt is very dangerous for ALL parties, esp if the cage is removed.

i would prefer to keep the metal grill separating the driver and front passenger from the cargo compartment. dun want passengers or my cargo killing the front pple if sh!t happens [shakehead]

already got it planned out...cos my family owns 2 cars nw.... whenever i need to fetch my daughter will drive the car out...other den tt will drive the kangarooooo

diesel turbo kicks in at low end, and is more linear than petrol turbo (except for those light pressure turbo). it is not as powerful as turbo petrol engines for sure, but the low end is good and very driveable. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement