Will be changing car to Kangoo

Guniang

actually if you don't mind going at a restricted 70kph, get a light goods van...save you lots of money compared to buying a car...insurance also based on the goods you carry, not the driver...

using diesel also good for your wallet...pay less at pumps...

↡ Advertisement

I drove the kangoo last time...abt 4-5yrs back..Gave alot pro.Especially in the morning when i crank the engine,very hard to start.Went to AD to repair still same problem.They say is what "cold start".And if you left ur van there for 3-4days,then the battery will gone flat.Really can't make it.Repair alone will costs alot.So i suggest you buy the opel combo.better and turbo engine somemore.

I drove the kangoo last time...abt 4-5yrs back..Gave alot pro.Especially in the morning when i crank the engine,very hard to start.Went to AD to repair still same problem.They say is what "cold start".And if you left ur van there for 3-4days,then the battery will gone flat.Really can't make it.Repair alone will costs alot.So i suggest you buy the opel combo.better and turbo engine somemore.

Depends bro. i have been driving one for 5 years liao. cranking problem is the heater coil issue. And i believe something wrong for your wiring. Occassionally i left my kangoo for 4 to 5 days the battery still fine. Since TS already got a kangoo, he should just make use of it instead of getting a new opel combo (in this case, must well get another car). The only issue need to be worry is to change the fan belt every visit to the workshop. Of course, this is due to the "not so good" design of the kangoo.

actually why not consider selling the kangoo if it is not fully ultilised?

cos only recently the kangoo marital status become single.... lol....

govt has reduced road tax for commercial vehicle for the next 1 yr.

paying $190+ for 6months road tax now for kangoo.

insurance is about $550 with 10% NCD.

inspection $80/yr.

the sofa can be fit snugly between the arch of the 2 rear wheels. so it wouldn't really move about when u brake hard. but of cos human will fly if they r caught unaware.

overall running costs is low as long as no major repair bills.

cannot enter malaysia. restricted to 70kph legally.

the speed warning device is noisy, but then there are ways to shut it up.

if u just want a point A to B vehicle, it is good enough. cos there are not many chances to drive above 90kph on our roads.

Was seriously looking at this option before i got a car..

But I decided I could not live with 3 major cons for vans, despite the savings:

1. Cannot go Msia

2. Even on my small car now, I still hit 90-100km/h quite frequently. Will just be exposing myself to TP (more fines and additional costs) if i drive a commercial vehicle.

3. Parts costs are equivalent to "conti parts", so also not cheap if anything break down.

Better stick to buying a car. You have been so use the the speed of driving a car, it's difficult for you to adapt the 70km/hr speed limit in the expressway. Anything above the speed limit you will be taking a huge risk. Not too long ago a Eurovan crash along CTE Near the Braddel exit, all 4 adults on board passed away, 2 infront 2 behind.

Van no matter how.... it's design for transportation of goods. I would suggest stick to car if you have a family.

Turbocharged

so where can i buy the novena sofa u guys talking about???

At Novena store lor [laugh]

There are a few outlets around, at Furniture mall, Ang Mo Kio?

I drove a Kangoo before. And it really help me save alot of fuel as I travel alot. For 3 years I hit 130k mileage. I use it for doing sales and part time delivery. I really benefit alot using the van and it help me make alot of income. Yes maintenance is going to cost alot more than a normal Jap car. Its easy to drive, and I really enjoy whacking it unlike now driving a car which I tend to be more careful with it.

ok just found out tt this vehicle have 2 rows....behind heard can sit 3 pple, infront usual 2...den still got the boot space....so which pickup is tt?? dun sounds like kangoo to me...

Hi pple,

Need your advice on kangoo here...WIll be changing my car to kangoo coupe(resale)....

How is the FC?

Erp charges like?

2 seaters only?

I have a yr old daughter, able to put baby sit? if nt my wife gotta hold her infront or go public.

Anymore thing to lookout for and the diff in driving a kangoo coupe vs a car.... the speed?? Handling??

SOrry for asking dumb questions but i really clueless....

Kangoo is not coupe is van. Like all vans (classified as commercial vehicle), you need to register it with a company.

ERP is the same as cars, as already mentioned.

In Europe, such vans are actually available with car options, complete with seats etc. In essence they are like MPVs, only they look like van. However, in Singapore, only the van version (no rear seats) are sold. Probably for volume purpose, because the car version will probably cost more (higher OMV) than the van version.

But, again, as mentioned, you can buy an aftermarket 'sofa' and put behind. My parents have a Daihatsu Extol with a small sofa (supplied by dealer) behind.

Again, because it's a commercial vehicle, it is subjected to restrictions such as speed limits etc.

which version of goo u driving ?

mine is the 1.5dci...

have to admit conti parts is not cheap...

juz did servicing plus change of water pump..

came up to $949

and there is a recurring engine light on issue..

now at workshop trying to get it fixed...

but overall quite a good ride to drive..

and driving slow is not realli a bad thing...

can acheive 950km for a tank of 42L(thats when i normally top up)

on 90% highway..

and averaging 650km in 100% city driving

with constant high revs...

u may wanna check the maintaiance cost as well. I undestand from my friend that the parts are not cheap, in fact, more ex compare to average Japs saloon car. He drove a belingo and bang onto a kerb at low speed, since it only minor damage and own fault, he didnt claim insurance and send for repair himself...cost him more than 5K to repair.

Turbocharged

But, again, as mentioned, you can buy an aftermarket 'sofa' and put behind. My parents have a Daihatsu Extol with a small sofa (supplied by dealer) behind.

Just curious, is it uncomfortable and stuffy sitting in the goods area of an Extol?

Just curious, is it uncomfortable and stuffy sitting in the goods area of an Extol?

i'm extremely selfish. i believe that the rear seats are always for people who have offended me previously. so to hell with them if they are going to be stuffy or have their legs amputated by the front seats. ah, the wonders of just being a couple and not having kids. people need a ride from me? that will teach them to ask. [sly]

*flame suit on* *flees* [laugh]

i agree with you! my relatives all dun drive cars and will never drive...all want to ask for free rides back to their homes...

sometimes i happy go lucky...ok lor...sometimes i chao first before they can ask for free rides...

yes it is stuffy if you were a pax in the rear cabin...no rear air-con, no ventilation...

driving at 70kph though it saves you fuel, doesn't really get you to anywhere...you save money, but lose precious time...

going at 60-70kph, i usually will fall asleep, like on the bus or train...too slow for human progression...

unless you drive frequently during peak hours, where traffic jams are apparent and everywhere, go get a car...

Turbocharged

juz did servicing plus change of water pump..

came up to $949

How often does the owner typically need to pay bill of such amount?

Is it about once a year?

↡ Advertisement