Car door gonna dent due to my ignorant.

Fivegear

Just now drove the car slightly without realising my back passenger door is still opened. As a result, the door got slightly hit by the pillar next to it. Luckily no paint damage but now there is a 6cm vertical dent on the door. Not really deep but enough to see it when you look at an angle of reflection. My car is silver metallic colour by the way.

Of cos I am Sim Tia... [bigcry][bigcry] but what to do right. Only option is to pray that the Paint Removal service can massage back this type of dent to near 95%. I don't expect 100% cos don't think that is achievable.

Do you all think PDR can save this? Heard Capitol has this service? please advise. Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Just now drove the car slightly without realising my back passenger door is still opened. As a result, the door got slightly hit by the pillar next to it. Luckily no paint damage but now there is a 6cm vertical dent on the door. Not really deep but enough to see it when you look at an angle of reflection. My car is silver metallic colour by the way.

Of cos I am Sim Tia... [bigcry][bigcry] but what to do right. Only option is to pray that the Paint Removal service can massage back this type of dent to near 95%. I don't expect 100% cos don't think that is achievable.

Do you all think PDR can save this? Heard Capitol has this service? please advise. Thank you.

yes, the one at capitol is called PDR : http://www.pdr.com.sg/ Some of my friends visited him and said he's good.

Heard from some others that Lye Design is better in terms of workmanship: http://www.lyedesigns.com.sg/Home.htm

personally i never tried both...good luck

you do that a few more times....the pain will be gone...I am no bluffing u....long time ago...i washed car every week...now i wash only when i think the dirt is going merge with the paint...long time ago i think stay away from lorries is better....now...the most convenient lot counts.... [thumbsup]

try ong ah pee welding works in alexander village

look for it in yellowpages.com.sg

the contacts and address are there

look for ah boh...the old man..

his name is recommended and mentioned previously

i have my dents repaired by him about 2 years ago...

Really? That's good news. From some old threads, read Lye designs is recommended. But maybe for my case can go to Capitol PDR to massage the vertical dent back in place.

(edited)

Base on what u have mentioned..I suggest u go to Lye design..Lye does panel beating etc..save the trouble going to PDR..Ah meng or Gary..They are good in dings..examples are door dings..cos yours is a vertical dents in..even they psuh it out for you..it wont be nice..Go to Lye..wont be wrong..

Because I have organise many dents removal session with Gary..I know what they are good at.. [thumbsup]

Edited by Maddriver

Oh thanks. Will give a call to Lye tomorrow. Hope don't have to queue for his service. Will update the forum once i tried. Really hope mine just massage to dent will do and not having to do panel beating.

Uncle Lye workmanship is good, and he is one that is very detailed... Remember there was once I satisfied yet he isn't...

Check him out... But he can be busy at times...

Conact ah meng .... German trained dent remover ..

He is pretty good and sharp. [thumbsup] Tried once when i had alot of dents. I think he doing freelance but some workshop engage his services also.

how u drive with door open? no warning beeps meh

Not all cars have leh.... The other time my wife and her sister got off my car without closing the door, I drove off few meters with the back door open, luckily some passersby warned me. [sweatdrop]

Oh thanks. Will give a call to Lye tomorrow. Hope don't have to queue for his service. Will update the forum once i tried. Really hope mine just massage to dent will do and not having to do panel beating.

Yes... Lye is good. Done mine at Lye... [thumbsup]

I am a very happy and satisfied after the dent removed... [bounce1]

You are absolutely right! Just done up my door with Lye. A satisfied customer. [thumbsup]

In fact on closer observation, it is not just 6cm but stretches past 10cm since the line can be found on the upper and below of the door protector. But amazingly the special tool he used did wonders. I would say it is 99.5% flattened. Highly recommended!

↡ Advertisement