Driver who doesn't stop for pedestrian on zebra crossing

Ichibawa

Mr. $F$568H, notice that you did not reduce speed even when nearing the zebra crossing. Its a good thing that I still keep a looking out even though I am halfway through it. Please be advise that there will be a heavy penalty for not slowing down/stopping and even heavier if you happen to knock a person down at this specific spot. I hope that you can drive more carefully next time.

TIME: 9pm

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I have come across such drivers rather often. Standing at the zebra crossing, waiting to cross is often not enough. Sometimes you have to risk your life and start walking and 'hope' the car will slow down or stop...otherwise...run for your life.

Edited by Silver_blade

I tink partly coz the zebra crossing there is very dark, esp if you coming from the HDB flats to cross over to east point.

I always slow down before crossing it.

Hypersonic

Quite a few drivers don't know they have to give way at Zebra crossings!

They think the white lines and yellow lights was put there to tell drivers they have right of way.

Quite a few driver also think the yellow box junction was painted for them to sit in so that

cars turning cannot use them!

They even horn when a car turns into a yellow box and look at the driver as if the turing car was at fault!

Quite a few drivers don't know they have to give way at Zebra crossings!

They think the white lines and yellow lights was put there to tell drivers they have right of way.

Quite a few driver also think the yellow box junction was painted for them to sit in so that

cars turning cannot use them!

They even horn when a car turns into a yellow box and look at the driver as if the turing car was at fault!

Besides not knowing(or chose not to know) that we drivers have to slow down when approaching pedestrain crossing, some driver do not know that like for example when negotiating on a ramp in a multi-storey carpark - driver have to slow down and give way to vehicles that are coming up on the up ramp.

Twincharged

wah !! you also kenah today ar ?

today, ard 4pm, i was also crossing the same crossing. From the flats, crossed to the centre; then a CNG green cab just crossed infront of me just like that also !! I thk he was rushing for his fare as his rear wheel hit the kerb after passing the crossing. [laugh]

Mr. $F$568H, notice that you did not reduce speed even when nearing the zebra crossing. Its a good thing that I still keep a looking out even though I am halfway through it. Please be advise that there will be a heavy penalty for not slowing down/stopping and even heavier if you happen to knock a person down at this specific spot. I hope that you can drive more carefully next time.

Teach you something, next time if u see such vehicle again. Take out a coin and flung at the rear of the car. Most saints will stop. Dun bother to take ur coin or confront the drivers. I did that a few times to nasty drivers at Orchard Rd who likes to intimidate pedestrians even before the green man starts blinking, esp on some stretches where human traffic is low, some drivers just come in fast and zoom off w/o consideration of the person crossing, hate it esp with some modded vehicles trying to prove they can be dangerous. I did that once at the former crown prince hotel and paragon. Cheers..

Singapore is considered a developed country but the mindset of some of its occupants are still developing. Thats what bother me most where basic road courtesy begins with the middle finger.

Neutral Newbie

the hump at the zebra crossings near my house is so high tat any car will surely get a nasty knock on bottom if cross the hump above 15kmh.. quite effective in deterring speeding cars.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

for your case, since u got the car no, and timing.. u can report the case to TP to investigate. but u must be witness.. the driver will most probably get demerit plus fine..when it comes to safety, there shouldn't be compromise..life is precious

Neutral Newbie

i don't get it. if you are halfway the zebra crossing, how come you didn't get knocked down yet? you mean the car managed to squeeze thru half a lane ah? pls be extra careful when you cross any pedestrian crossing, especially at the one that you mentioned, it's for your own good. walk safe!

Teach you something, next time if u see such vehicle again. Take out a coin and flung at the rear of the car. Most saints will stop. Dun bother to take ur coin or confront the drivers. I did that a few times to nasty drivers at Orchard Rd who likes to intimidate pedestrians even before the green man starts blinking, esp on some stretches where human traffic is low, some drivers just come in fast and zoom off w/o consideration of the person crossing, hate it esp with some modded vehicles trying to prove they can be dangerous. I did that once at the former crown prince hotel and paragon. Cheers..

Coin? Can use peddles or small stones or not? coin damage too little and sometimes also cannot hear

Neutral Newbie

What if a cyclist suddenly rides across? Riding along pavement and suddenly decides to ride across the zebra crossing..

↡ Advertisement