Why do Malaysian's mandarin sounds...

Ahgongwolve

Why do Malaysian's mandarin sounds funny?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Why do Malaysian's mandarin sounds funny?

• Cos that's the correct way to speak Mandarin
    • Cos their teachers all screwed up
    • I have no idea

probably they speak mainly cantonese, HK people speak chinese also sounds funny......

No leh... there are many who speak hokkien, hakka, teocheow .. but their mandarin sounds the same...

u mean local dialects speaking? I believe local singaporeans are training properly from young (got Han yu ping yin), but across the causeway most speak with the same accent so it became a common accent regardless of what dialects they speak...one of my relative (local singaporean) also speak "lian pang qiang" becos she communicate a lot with them.....

u mean local dialects speaking? I believe local singaporeans are training properly from young (got Han yu ping yin), but across the causeway most speak with the same accent so it became a common accent regardless of what dialects they speak...one of my relative (local singaporean) also speak "lian pang qiang" becos she communicate a lot with them.....

My friend used to say "lian pang qiang" Sounds low class.. like language spoken by uneducated labourer..

几够立一下喔。。。Something like that LOL

Everywhere is like that... u have other ethnic / dialect grps other than your own, then ur mandarin will be peppered with influence from other languages, styles... SG style is Chinese peppered with Ang Mo.... LOL

Talk to my China Coll. , they also shake head in disbelief.... everytime I speak, sure got something which I can't say in Mandarin, so use english word as substitute... hahaha

Everywhere is like that... u have other ethnic / dialect grps other than your own, then ur mandarin will be peppered with influence from other languages, styles... SG style is Chinese peppered with Ang Mo.... LOL

Talk to my China Coll. , they also shake head in disbelief.... everytime I speak, sure got something which I can't say in Mandarin, so use english word as substitute... hahaha

Agree....

In SG.. we speak mandarin + english words... sound so normal.. but when we do that in China they get very confused... LOL

Still rememberd my first technical presentation in Taipei... whoa... power man.. LOL lot's of english substitutes...

i purposely asked this penang girl why her mandarin sounds so funny...she said she was from English-school in malaysia...LOL

and there is this my converted sg citizen who went to army liao but as much as he tries to hide his accent, he still sound like my and a bit cc in the tone.

i purposely asked this penang girl why her mandarin sounds so funny...she said she was from English-school in malaysia...LOL

and there is this my converted sg citizen who went to army liao but as much as he tries to hide his accent, he still sound like my and a bit cc in the tone.

If u go to those industrial area... you will see those lian pang mui ... all around... .... scary...LOL

I agreed our chinese is influenced by english becos we have england [:p] as our first language, but we also cannot compare our chinese with china becos is their first language, I also have problems speaking england to my china col.....sometimes like duck and chicken....

(edited)

probably they speak mainly cantonese, HK people speak chinese also sounds funny......

Not true lah. My sg parents and myself speak cantonese at home since I was very young. You dun see me speaking like them.

It's very much like our singlish with all the "lah", "sia" and "meh"

You speak to the average sgporean also same. "Do you have a pen with you, can I borrow it?". They either answer "Got" or "have, have" or "can".

"Can you do it?", "Can it be done?". Now I also answer "can".

几够力一吓喔!

Edited by Watwheels

However some of them do not find it strange on their accent and thought that it is fine. My coll had a lot of MY friends and that's the feedback. Sometime we even speak that liang pang qiang. purely fun and laughter with no harm at all.

Its e same when we go other country... those UK/ US accent etc..

Ji Power Hor!