Audiophile home headphone system

Somebody

hey guys,

anyone knows a good entry level budget for a audiophile entry level headphone system. figured that it would cost too much to redo my room to fully enjoy a speaker system, hence came to the conclusion that a headphone system would be more suitable.

anyone has any recommendations on budget and system? =)

↡ Advertisement

hey guys,

anyone knows a good entry level budget for a audiophile entry level headphone system. figured that it would cost too much to redo my room to fully enjoy a speaker system, hence came to the conclusion that a headphone system would be more suitable.

I don't have a specific system in mind, I think the best system is likely to be a mix of different brands, but most importantly, the sound must be appealing for you.

Go to Adelphi - opposite Funan center. You'll probably be able to find a decent vaccum tub headphone amplifier, team it up with a noise cancelling headphone from Sennheiser and you are good to go. It's not crazy expensive, and once you tried it, everything else sounds like crap.

doesn't mean, branded or expensive ones are good...

check out one's of audiophile forum....

www.echoloft.com

Hypersonic
(edited)

The real headphone fanatics in singapore are here, http://www.sgheadphones.org/

Depending what you want, even the top end headphone sounds very drastically different from one another, so the genre of music is important. I only commment on rock music, and the grado's are perfect, but then can to be harsh on the ears. So if you're into soft music, grados may not be your cup of tea. You'll need to invest on a headphone amp, coz most of these headphones have rather diffcult to drive drivers compare to earphones.

Edited by Ender

yeah, Sgheadphones is for u tho. Be careful, poison alert hor. Later from headphone to hp amp, then u wanna use on computer, u wanna DACmagic blah blah blah...

But indeed, that forum is for u. Occasionally, they have some meet up too. =) bunch of hp fanatics

Turbocharged

What is your budget exactly?

But I think Denon AH D1001 is a good starting point.

hey guys,

This is the entry and exit level, once and for all. Sadly discontinued.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=6020

now am starting to think it might be better to get a small stereo hifi instead.

is it possible to get a good setup with 6-800 dollars?

would a affordable cd player, amp and speakers be able to perform better than a mini hifi like onkyo?

thanks!!!

hey guys,

Get one of those Sony in ear earpiece will do. I got a KOSS headset and BOSE end up never really use them.

Neutral Newbie

hey guys,

I bought my Grado SR-80 from Causeway point from this shop called 'Stereo Electronics'. the shop is beside the malay barber shop, level 4 or 5. The salesman was quite helpful. let me try most of the models there. the SR-80 cost about $180 i think. they have 1 higher end one which cost > $300.

You can read about it on my blog

↡ Advertisement