Haiz...retrenchment letter? :(

Westender

6th Gear
On 5/9/2024 at 8:51 PM, Scion said:

Surely with his "good degree" and being an AVP after just three years with a golden handshake, he should know the feckin' answer already!

Book smarts only.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 10:50 AM, inlinesix said:

Not surprising.

We have been educated to be workers rather than entrepreneurs.

thats how Singapore was built.  

but such formula cannot be reused over and over again without repercussions

Turbocharged
On 5/5/2024 at 9:12 AM, Voodooman said:

US labor cost is cheap?  Or you meant energy cost?

Actually they are not as highly paid as anticipated...

AND SG Labor is getting very expensive. Skill Labor in China, VN, India are getting expensive...

but massage still cheap in VN 😜

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 12:53 PM, Vegas said:

AND SG Labor is getting very expensive. Skill Labor in China, VN, India are getting expensive...

Should thank @Jamesc…… he kontrols the market in VN😂😂😂

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 1:00 PM, BanCoe said:

Should thank @Jamesc…… he kontrols the market in VN😂😂😂

No no I only control the market in SG

and its a very small niche market for good looking young ladies that want a good rub.

The massage market that caters to men I have absolutely no control over. This is where the real money is.

:D

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 10:53 AM, bsswan said:

Surely with his "good degree" and being an AVP after just three years with a golden handshake, he should know the feckin' answer already!

Book smarts only.

tiagong AVP in banking industry is dime a dozen.... just like associate directors in property sales....

Turbocharged
On 5/10/2024 at 8:16 AM, Tkseah said:

Overall country getting richer, but the divide between rich and poor is getting bigger and wider.  And many of the poor are Singaporeans.. 😓

I don't want to be we hor 😂 

Supersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 3:45 PM, Vratenza said:

tiagong AVP in banking industry is dime a dozen.... just like associate directors in property sales....

Confirm stamp and chop.  VP and SVP also a dime a dozen …..

Supersonic
On 5/10/2024 at 12:53 PM, Vegas said:

Still more expensive than in Asia generally but US workers are a lot harder to manage, especially if unionised.  

Anyway, manufacturing jobs going back to America is not due to cheap American factory workers lah but high tariff and trade barriers and supported partially by rise of the machine. 

Hypersonic
Hypersonic
Hypersonic

I find CBD outside central area cannot really make it la. Most companies and people still like to located their office and work in Raffles Place area.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 6/6/2024 at 9:11 PM, 13177 said:

Cannot read the whole article. 😅

I also cannot 🤣

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 6/6/2024 at 9:13 PM, Cheesey74 said:

Changi Business Park has also become a lightning rod for citizens’ anxieties about the city-state’s wooing of foreign labor to meet business needs. The predominance of technical operations there has led to what a minister once said was a “concentration” of Indian expatriate workers, with some locals calling the area “Chennai Business Park” or “Changalore". 

🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 6/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, 13177 said:

I find CBD outside central area cannot really make it la. Most companies and people still like to located their office and work in Raffles Place area.

The central area have better F&B and accomodation.

I cannot imagine if my office is at CBP, then when visiting overseas colleagues, MD, C level bosses and Board of Directors visit SG.

What are the nearby hotel to put them up? Best is have 5 stars hotel within walking distance to CBD.

Where to arrange good lunch and dinner around CBP area? Cannot be each time go Jewel for dinner right?

Even Jewel don't have much decent restaurants. 

Maybe probably go East Coast for Seafood...... 

but every time they visit eat chilli or black pepper crab also will get tired of it.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 6/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, 13177 said:

Most people like work to be work. Workplace near home sounds nice for convenience but can be stressful mentally as you cannot shake away the feeling even if you go home. There needs to be some separation.

Hypersonic
On 6/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, Atonchia said:

The central area have better F&B and accomodation.

I cannot imagine if my office is at CBP, then when visiting overseas colleagues, MD, C level bosses and Board of Directors visit SG.

What are the nearby hotel to put them up? Best is have 5 stars hotel within walking distance to CBD.

Where to arrange good lunch and dinner around CBP area? Cannot be each time go Jewel for dinner right?

Even Jewel don't have much decent restaurants. 

Maybe probably go East Coast for Seafood...... 

but every time they visit eat chilli or black pepper crab also will get tired of it.

Simpang Bedok. 🤣

Or a bit further, Bedok Hawker Centre.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3