Pls recommend the good cakes in Singapore

Milo

Turbocharged

Did anyone mention the cake shop along Katong road (beside the OCBC bank).

Opposite many coffee shop? Sorry, i dont remember the shop name.

i always ordered my cakes from there. they supplied their cakes/pastry to many coffeehouse.

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement

The Black Forest cake also very nice at Pine Garden.

their black forest and lychee martini are signature cakes there... for me, the latter always for birthdays...light and superb texture.

I need to order some cakes for my friend's birthday and my dad's birthday. I want to get something nice and special. Any good recommendation? Thx a lot [:p]

Best is to learn how to bake a cake and make it for your dad! [thumbsup]

Best is to learn how to bake a cake and make it for your dad! [thumbsup]

i ever baked once, i thk i can kill someone by throwing it at him. it tasted awful too. after hours of preparation, it still benefited the rubbish bin.

• Praise 1

i ever baked once, i thk i can kill someone by throwing it at him. it tasted awful too. after hours of preparation, it still benefited the rubbish bin.

at least the cake is 100% done by you!

its the thought that counts! [angel]

CNN names pandan cake as Singapore's national cake, promotes Pine Garden and Bengawan Solo

SINGAPORE - The humble pandan cake has made headlines recently, after being named one of the world's 17 best cakes by the travel website of US news outlet CNN.

Perhaps more surprisingly, it was listed as Singapore's national cake, an accolade it shared with neighbour Malaysia.

Describing the cake as "essentially a chiffon cake" infused with green-coloured juice from the pandanus palm, the April 2 article said: "The radioactive hue of this cake belies its natural woodsy flavor.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/cnn-names-pandan-cake-as-singapores-national-cake-promotes-pine-garden-and-bengawan

Waiting for letter to go and collect my pandan cake. National cake hor 大事件。

I not tam sim, propose each Singaporean household one month entitled to one national cake, regardless of rented, 1-room, 2-room or Sentosa Cove, but must be pink teng kee.

Presidential Hopefuls please take note.

[:)]

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 3

CNN names pandan cake as Singapore's national cake, promotes Pine Garden and Bengawan Solo

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/cnn-names-pandan-cake-as-singapores-national-cake-promotes-pine-garden-and-bengawan

Waiting for letter to go and collect my pandan cake. National cake hor 大事件。

I not tam sim, propose each Singaporean household one month entitled to one national cake, regardless of rented, 1-room, 2-room or Sentosa Cove, but must be pink teng kee.

[:)]

I have tried the Bengawan Solo version, it is good. Amongst the best compared to other cake shops. My opinion.

• Praise 4

I have tried the Bengawan Solo version, it is good. Amongst the best compared to other cake shops. My opinion.

Roger. Will check it out.  [thumbsup]

i hate to agree with that, tried many other which is cheaper in price but nothing come close to Bengawan Solo. 

↡ Advertisement