Renault Megane 1.6(A) a good car?

Civic6656

What??? Engine mounting cost so much? I thot it is supposed to last easily 5 years? OMG! [sweatdrop]

no la if u go agent of cos they'll charge a lot....but if under warranty, they'll change for free...that is one thing no jap car AD will give u for free, they'll say its wear and tear and make u pay for it...and of cos u can get the mounting fixed a lot cheaper if u buy from stockist and get them installed but outside workshop

engine mounting dont necc last 5yrs la...even the last gen Honda Accord (thai made) engine mounting dun last...some of them complain vibration ofter few mths and they got to live with it...or pay to change it... a few JDM accord i came across also needs to change after 2-3yrs... actually also depends on how u drive and the road....

↡ Advertisement

the looks is appealing to me as well...but what is holding me back..is the cost of fixing those problems associated....

all car have problems here and there.....but what is the cost of fixing these.....??

if car under warranty...FREE

btw the window problem can still be fixed for free after warranty

(edited)

i cldn't agree more. The really has an executive looks. Wld want to test drive one soon.

Was dishearted to hear tons of bad reviews. Sounds rather exaggerated. Even protons, peroduas, kia n hyundais are not falling apart like a megane is made to sound. But while under warranty wats free? The parts, labour or both?

Edited by Rajoana

Megane is a good car..1.6A

FC is good..can hit 650km full tank plus reserve

too bad need to sell off..

those who are keen can PM me 2005 model

windows will cost you slightly below $100 PER WINDOW and NO WARRANTY after they repair

It is by law in many countries that they have to give warranty for anything over a certain price. Singapore & our crappy consumer laws (or lack of it).

In Germany, dealer have to give you minimum one year warranty, & you can return the car within 7 days if you find faults (no question ask).

You also have to buy insurance for property (not refer to houses), either for 3rd party, or 3rd party and your own properties. They didn't cost too much though.

For instance, if some kids play with shopping carts & damage your car. In Singapore, suck thumb, I think even if you have video proof & send to police, they probably tell you to settle privately, or the favorite, engage a lawyer. Obviously, if you need to call police, it means the other party isn't paying, so nothing to settle privately, & if engage lawyers, only the lawyer wins, you lose more money, for your pride only.

In Germany, their insurance company will just pay & you can carry on with your life.

We need better consumer law than we have now. If you are the end of some shappy deal, most time have to sux thumbs, like for instant, shop at the ah beng shops at Sim Lim Square.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, am new here.. I jus bought a Renault megane left abt another 25months before going for scrap. However, I intend to change my audio system as the existing is factory fitted n has problems. Any recommendations pls?

OMG! I think i'll drop the idea of getting a Renault. sweatdrop.gif Change bulb need to remove wheels??? rifle.gif

I think the designers need to be smash.gif hard on their heads.

My son bought a 7 years old renault which COE will expires in July this year. It serves him well with normal wear and tear. In fact, many features in today's car were in this 10 years old car.

Recently, his head light blown and he went to a mechanics in Bukit Batok, he quoted $8 I think. My son told him his car is a Renault, indicating it is difficult to change. The mechanics says OK lah. It took him 2 hours sweating under the hot sun. But he manages to change it without having to remove wheels or bumpers. [:p]

I remember when I change one of my  Japanese car head lamp in Autobacs a few years back, he has to remove lots of items before reaching the lamp. So, it is also about familiarity and skill.

Continental cars are ornamental cars. They look good until they're broken.

Korean cars and many japanese cars - just open hood, unplug, unscrew, screw, plug. done. 

Few minutes in your own sweet time.

↡ Advertisement