Screeching sound when braking

Drive_carcar

On 11/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, Buadongdong said:

Bro, are you sure the squeal is coming from the drums? Mine had squeal and i changed my front discs and pads. No more noises then on.  

seriously , im positive bro. its the rear

↡ Advertisement

On 11/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Anyway... skimming is only done when the surface of the disc (or drum for your case) is not completely flat, i.e. vibration during high speed braking.

If only screeching sound and high speed braking is smooth, I don't see a need to skim the drums at all.

I swear to god, I really wish I could agree

I just sent my car for it's 10K servicing a few days ago. Today I just notice that when ever I applied my brakes, there's a very high pitched screeching sound that seem to come from my rear right brakes. This happens when I'm only gently applying the brakes.

Is this goning to be a costly problem? I'm thinking maybe my brake pads are worned down (how come so fast? It's still a relatively new car 

11 hours ago, bodyalan said:

I just sent my car for it's 10K servicing a few days ago. Today I just notice that when ever I applied my brakes, there's a very high pitched screeching sound that seem to come from my rear right brakes. This happens when I'm only gently applying the brakes.

Is this goning to be a costly problem? I'm thinking maybe my brake pads are worned down (how come so fast? It's still a relatively new car 

why dont you bring back to the workshop or service centre that service your can and check with them? 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, bodyalan said:

Maybe there is a small Sand stuck between the Disc & Pad...ask Workshop check it out.

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, bodyalan said:

oh bro, ithis topic tat I have been discussing with all the bros here. I can bind it into a book. Tats how much discussions we have been going thru with this same story of mine. flipping the pages back might be of some help, before the  gurus here chip In. 

↡ Advertisement