For those of us struggling in life....

Darth_mel

These guys thrive in societies that support disabilities. That is why these individuals bloom and fulfill their potential.

If they were born here, where you die your own business, their future is dim and probably looked upon as freaks.

So don't be too inspired, it is the environment that makes the difference.

And here we are,

sob over our spouse kerbing our rims

scratching the bumper

or missing the chance to get that $2 COE

and last but not least,

Nothing better to do than coming to MCF and complain about OPC!

Nope, just a regular car for the past 4 years.

I have nothing against OPC, I personally think its a great idea, even if it means filling our government's coffers. I have been following the thread on this OPC thingy that's all.

These guys thrive in societies that support disabilities. That is why these individuals bloom and fulfill their potential.

If they were born here, where you die your own business, their future is dim and probably looked upon as freaks.

So don't be too inspired, it is the environment that makes the difference.

I agree...I have a few cousins who have some disabilities...but they are doing very well now.

Cousin #1:- He is Down syndrome cos his mum only have him in her late 40's. Would have been send to special school if he had stayed here. His parents left for Aust and he attended normal school, at a level equal to his learning ability. He is now working in a supermarket as a PR assistant manager. He can have a proper, intelligent conversion with us and up to date to the latest fashion, music, etc...

Cousin #2:- He is not good with language. Can only managed one. But in our system, he will not progress....cos he will fail one of the 2 language subject....chinese in his case. His family left for England and he is now a senior lawyer in a big law firm.

Cousin #3:- His case is similar to my cousin #2, but his problem is maths. Can never do well. His family also moved to England. He is now an established doctor.

All 3 of them would have been a 'failure' if they had stay behind. What a shame we lost some talents...cos of our system...which I believe is changing. Hope it will improve fast enough to retain some of our potentially good home-grown talents.

Neutral Newbie

Wow...I m inspired by you to migrate to England or Australia...keke...

Oso felt Singapore's education is a damn...I wonder does education nid to be so academic...shdnt it be fun too?

My brothers were from gd sec n JCs...but wat I can see was my bros n their frens dun seem to hav EQ...Once they came to my parents' house...I was friendly, asked them whether they had eaten...they looked at me n silence for a min n jus like tat...I gave up...I felt I m an alien to them.

Then when they left, I felt it's impt for my twin brothers to hav IQs n EQs too...not like a dodos....I get the 2 of them, talk sense to them, make them realise...n told them as a Big sis, I dun wan them to be like their classmates...

Hahah...now they r both successful in their life n careers...now they thanked me for waking them up...keke

I'm like your cousin #2 + #3, not good in Chinese, and totally sucked in maths. I was a law school reject and wasted first 10 years of my working life achiving nothing at all.

But I still get by okay in life in Singapore.

Can't really blame system, we can't really change the system, but we can change our own attitudes.

↡ Advertisement