KIDnapping--beware

Kezg1

No attempted kidnapping of 10-year-old boy at Jurong West: Police

SINGAPORE: A police report circulating online about an alleged attempted abduction of a boy at Jurong West Street 72 has been investigated, and the police have found that there was no attempted kidnapping, they said on Wednesday (Jan 24). 

The police said in a statement posted on Facebook that they were aware that the report, made on Tuesday, had been circulating online.

"The police have thoroughly investigated into this case. We have verified that the report is untrue and the boy had lied to his parents," the authorities said. 

although i believe the parents had good intentions to ask police to investigate and maybe spread the word around so that other parents can be more careful, they should have had some suspicion that their boy may be lying? unless this is the very first time that the boy lied? or need police to ask then the boy admit that he lied?  [confused]

What is front end and back end for petrochem industry?

Front end is the process of extracting the oil (crude oil?) from earth. New technology has made it a abundant. Think no need to drill all the way down to search/extract for oil now. All suppliers that use to support front end processes will all get affected. These are the group that made lucrative profit in the past.

As for backend, i am not sure whether is the subsequence processing to made them into the type of oil we want e.g petrol or further processing down the road. Since oil are now abundant, backend can get cheap oil from frontend.

Dont flame me as i am not in that industry. If Ask me frontend vs backend in semicon, i can tell u confidently

Edited by Lotr8445r

It's hi time to buy kid GPS tracker watch

Hmm.. my wife is using her handphone whatapp to track the arrival of school bus. Maybe you can start off with that and see how it pen out.

Front end is the process of extracting the oil (crude oil?) from earth. New technology has made it a abundant. Think no need to drill all the way down to search/extract for oil now. All suppliers that use to support front end processes will all get affected. These are the group that made lucrative profit in the past.

As for backend, i am not sure whether is the subsequence processing to made them into the type of oil we want e.g petrol or further processing down the road. Since oil are now abundant, backend can get cheap oil from frontend.

Dont flame me as i am not in that industry. If Ask me frontend vs backend in semicon, i can tell u confidently

Ah... you are from semicon ah. So what is frontend and backend in semicon? izzit frontend = working on the wafers with all the lasers and chemical to wash? backend should be packaging? That's just my general understanding, very interested to understand more.

Your understanding of frontend and backend for petchem is definitely inaccurate. Firstly, you are describing the oil & gas industry which altho is somewhat related to petchem but still isn't petchem. 2ndly, extraction is typically part of upstream and refining is downstream. 

As a layman, I would think that your friend's assertion that upstream is suffering isn't accurate either (based solely on current oil price). Downstream I dunno what metrics to evaluate... sifu @enye can share with you more -  he is an expert at googling and sharing on o&g

Edited by Kusje

Ah... you are from semicon ah. So what is frontend and backend in semicon? izzit frontend = working on the wafers with all the lasers and chemical to wash? backend should be packaging? That's just my general understanding, very interested to understand more.

Your understanding of frontend and backend for petchem is definitely inaccurate. Firstly, you are describing the oil & gas industry which altho is somewhat related to petchem but still isn't petchem. 2ndly, extraction is typically part of upstream and refining is downstream.

As a layman, I would think that your friend's assertion that upstream is suffering isn't accurate either (based solely on current oil price). Downstream I dunno what metrics to evaluate... sifu @enye can share with you more - he is an expert at googling and sharing on o&g

wah sincerely thank you high flyer o&g insider for your lesson

saved me a lot of effort in googling

that’s why forum so good can learn new stuff everyday

wah sincerely thank you high flyer o&g insider for your lesson

saved me a lot of effort in googling

that’s why forum so good can learn new stuff everyday

Don't bluff la. You will still google one.

Never google how to verify if I am talking nonsense or not.

didn’t google leh

i trust what you said fully... without a doubt

even if you talk nonsense i also accept it at face value

Not so simple. Grab then make the kid wear a hat and jacket, so nobody can recognise the kid from far. They pass over the kid to old ah ma on train, then nobody will suspect the kid was kidnapped. If kenna dispute, the ah ma will die die say the kid is her grandchild. Most people rather believe old ah ma than young parents.

Crowds are good places to hide crimes. 

although i believe the parents had good intentions to ask police to investigate and maybe spread the word around so that other parents can be more careful, they should have had some suspicion that their boy may be lying? unless this is the very first time that the boy lied? or need police to ask then the boy admit that he lied?  [confused]

Parents like to say this when their kid is naughty.

“我叫警察来捉你“  :XD:

As a layman, I would think that your friend's assertion that upstream is suffering isn't accurate either (based solely on current oil price). Downstream I dunno what metrics to evaluate... sifu @enye can share with you more -  he is an expert at googling and sharing on o&g

Talk like an elite wor...  :a-m1212:

As a layman, I would think that your friend's assertion that upstream is suffering isn't accurate either (based solely on current oil price). Downstream I dunno what metrics to evaluate... sifu @enye can share with you more - he is an expert at googling and sharing on o&g

Semicon frontend is foundry. There is where the made wafer from sand. Backend is the assembly, they package the wafer into chip. FE get better pay cum bonus than BE.

My bad, i didnt know oil & gas is different from petrochem industry. The someone i know is working in the BE from Shell

Semicon frontend is foundry. There is where the made wafer from sand. Backend is the assembly, they package the wafer into chip. FE get better pay cum bonus than BE.

My bad, i didnt know oil & gas is different from petrochem industry. The someone i know is working in the BE from Shell

I reckon the big guys operating in SG (are they Micron, GF and the likes?) would have both FE and BE. Would there also be pay/bonus differences within the same company? 

In your opinion, what's the general outlook like?

petchems other than the aromatics, are everything downstream from the crackers

how come your friend from shell jump to semicon?

:blink:  :o

:blink:  :o

uh...

post-27068-0-79969900-1516844450.jpg

:blink::o

No lar, why would he jump as it is his BE industry golden year? Semicon is mine.

I reckon the big guys operating in SG (are they Micron, GF and the likes?) would have both FE and BE. Would there also be pay/bonus differences within the same company?

In your opinion, what's the general outlook like?

Big guy is yes. But not all specialize in both FE & BE.

GF, SSMC, UMC only specialize in FE. Bonus is different base on individual performance. Isnt that the same as other industry?

General outlook? Last year is our best sales in past decade. This year target at least another 10% growth

Big guy is yes. But not all specialize in both FE & BE.

GF, SSMC, UMC only specialize in FE. Bonus is different base on individual performance. Isnt that the same as other industry?

General outlook? Last year is our best sales in past decade. This year target at least another 10% growth

Nice nice.... hope your bonus also big big.

Despite what every parent thinks (that they can detect their child lying). Especially for older children, it's been shown that parents are usually not significantly better than random guessing whether the child is lying.

It's sorta of our own logical blindspot.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2