Latest update from Hankook Sembawang

Guniang

Went there earlier looking forward to pump my tyres. Realised that the shop is not opened. Waited for a while and the shop did not open.

Contacted Robertoon and he told me the opening hours had changed and they open now at 10 am. I remembered I changed my tires 2-3 months ago around 9 plus in the morning.

I suppose any revision of the operating hours should be properly communicated to users of hankook tyres to prevent any unnecessary hassle or waiting without knowing any reason. Apparently this shop has no indication of any change of operating hours outside the shop or at least at the metal grill.

It just puts people off and can't help comparing such after sales services to Stamford Tyres whom I previously used. [thumbsdown]

ST don't have such problems.

Edited by Yuan

Just checked with Robert, the branch at TG allows trade in of existing rims n tires but subject to conditions...by far anyone got their rims there? TG have Nitrogen for tires? some say have but don't remember seeing one there...

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys.....just wondering....

between these 4 tyres:

hankook ventus s1 evo

hankook v12

eagle f1 assymetric

eagle f1 gsd3

how do they compare in terms of mainly price and performance?? assuming tyre noise is not a main concern??

appreciate any help...:)

Neutral Newbie

whats yr size?

Is grip your most important factor?

looking at 215/45/17

yup grip is the most important followed by wet weather performance.....

of cause it has to be value for money...:)

f1 assymetric is abit exp...was quoted around 210....dats y i wonderin which tyre would offer comparable performance but at a cheaper price...obviously willing to accept a lower performance since cheaper lol

Edited by Xredevilx

Removing "Pls PM me price" Posts.

It add no value to this thread and make other customer sieve thru many of such posting to find useful info

Clutched

I just came back from JB Taman Daya Hankook, the owner is the same person at the location near the Taman University, Skudai. This is their second outlet.

My personal experience as follow:

1) 3 May 09, went around scouting for rims and stop at the Taman Daya outlet. Was served by this guy Jackson, he is very friendly and go all the way to let me "try out" all the rims i am interested in. Example lay out the rim beside my wheel for me to view...

2) After discussing with CO. I went in JB on 6 May 09 around 6 pm, but i got stuck in all the jam. So I called up Jackson to tell him i am coming to buy the rim last min at 7pm , although he is on leave, he still ensure me that he will get me the rim and tell his boss that i am on my way... (FYI The shop close at 8pm)

3) Surprisingly when i reached the shop it is 745pm and i thought i will be wasting my time to go down... but guess what, when i alight i saw my ordered rim being delivered by taxi all the way from their warehouse just for me... found out that my call is last min so they do not have time to personally go warehouse to collect (i admit they are very trusting as i did not pay any deposit and they do not know me at all but willing to go through all this trouble to help me get the rims)

4) Also the face who greeted me when i drive in is a very friendly, smiling face. I told him (later i find out he is the boss ah siang) that i am sorry for being late which he assured me is fine, than i ask for any place to go for a drink as we badly need one.. he told me his showroom had mineral water dispenser which i drank from.. the good thing is when i came out from the toilet, he actually got his workers to go and buy 2 cans of 100 plus for me & my co!

5) The workers start installing my rims while i was talking to ah siang who is very patient to answer all my queries. Found out that Jackson is his brother (no wonder can give me discount).

6) Conclusion: Nice boss, nice clean shop, easily accessible and very visible as along the main road with big signage, cheaper tire (i.e. V8 Jackson quote me ard 190rm) , wide variety of rims design (i bought lenso-samurai) great services, can bargain, friendly workers, great workmanship. nice but small showroom with spotlight for the rim, inside showroom is waiting area with big LCD tv and powerful aircon unit.

It is a very good experience for me at Hankook Taman Daya.

If you ever go there just look for Jackson or ah siang ....

My ride? A humble White lancer glx, weekend car..... [drivingcar]

Hi guys.....just wondering....

between these 4 tyres:

hankook ventus s1 evo

hankook v12

eagle f1 assymetric

eagle f1 gsd3

how do they compare in terms of mainly price and performance?? assuming tyre noise is not a main concern??

appreciate any help...:)

f1 asym ftw

Clutched

some bros had PM me for map... i check my GPS the location is somewhere

N01 ̊ 33.527

post-24879-1241702137_thumb.jpg

6th Gear

Just checked with Robert, the branch at TG allows trade in of existing rims n tires but subject to conditions...by far anyone got their rims there? TG have Nitrogen for tires? some say have but don't remember seeing one there...

I think TG and SBW have nitrogen pumping for tyres. Not sure about the rest.

I seem to find the same feedback that whenever changing 4 tyres in JB, they will throw in free wheel alignment?

I don't think local ones do this. Only the wheel balancing comes free but not the alignment.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

hankook service is good..2 thumbs up..the 1 car tire workshop that actually torque the rim nuts leh..i m impressive

ya second that, the rest mostly just use air gun, sometimes tighten until too tight, change spare tyre also difficult, not to mention possibly damaging the bolt.

Neutral Newbie

I just came back from JB Taman Daya Hankook, the owner is the same person at the location near the Taman University, Skudai. This is their second outlet.

My personal experience as follow:

1) 3 May 09, went around scouting for rims and stop at the Taman Daya outlet. Was served by this guy Jackson, he is very friendly and go all the way to let me "try out" all the rims i am interested in. Example lay out the rim beside my wheel for me to view...

2) After discussing with CO. I went in JB on 6 May 09 around 6 pm, but i got stuck in all the jam. So I called up Jackson to tell him i am coming to buy the rim last min at 7pm , although he is on leave, he still ensure me that he will get me the rim and tell his boss that i am on my way... (FYI The shop close at 8pm)

3) Surprisingly when i reached the shop it is 745pm and i thought i will be wasting my time to go down... but guess what, when i alight i saw my ordered rim being delivered by taxi all the way from their warehouse just for me... found out that my call is last min so they do not have time to personally go warehouse to collect (i admit they are very trusting as i did not pay any deposit and they do not know me at all but willing to go through all this trouble to help me get the rims)

4) Also the face who greeted me when i drive in is a very friendly, smiling face. I told him (later i find out he is the boss ah siang) that i am sorry for being late which he assured me is fine, than i ask for any place to go for a drink as we badly need one.. he told me his showroom had mineral water dispenser which i drank from.. the good thing is when i came out from the toilet, he actually got his workers to go and buy 2 cans of 100 plus for me & my co!

5) The workers start installing my rims while i was talking to ah siang who is very patient to answer all my queries. Found out that Jackson is his brother (no wonder can give me discount).

6) Conclusion: Nice boss, nice clean shop, easily accessible and very visible as along the main road with big signage, cheaper tire (i.e. V8 Jackson quote me ard 190rm) , wide variety of rims design (i bought lenso-samurai) great services, can bargain, friendly workers, great workmanship. nice but small showroom with spotlight for the rim, inside showroom is waiting area with big LCD tv and powerful aircon unit.

It is a very good experience for me at Hankook Taman Daya.

If you ever go there just look for Jackson or ah siang ....

My ride? A humble White lancer glx, weekend car..... [drivingcar]

Wow, such service is almost unheard of nowadays in SGP. Maybe your CO chio-bu ah?

Edited by Fkadir

I seem to find the same feedback that whenever changing 4 tyres in JB, they will throw in free wheel alignment?

I don't think local ones do this. Only the wheel balancing comes free but not the alignment.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

Alignment is so cheap in JB that they can throw in free, if you bargain. Otherwise, it cost me around rm20 at Skudai U-tyres.

Just to check...Does anyone know whether this shop is still around....

Been there a couple of times over the last few weeks and the shop was close

↡ Advertisement