AXS Machines: Many now only accept DBS/POSB ATM cards

Deel

Neutral Newbie

it is the increased cost of NETS which led to AXS having to source for alternative payment modes, as the increased cost is unsustainable long term~ Even though the same shareholders for NETS also owns AXS, NETs still charge AXS the full increased cost (which is like shooting your own foot)~

eventually D-PAY will be marketed as an alternative electronic payment mode to other merchants, which should be good for consumer since there is competition now (remember the outcry when NETS increased costs previously)~

hee imho i dun really see it as shooting your own foot... rather i see it as shifting money from your left pocket to your right pocket...

↡ Advertisement

Yes.. SAM doesnt allow to pay citibank cards bills..

I think this is damn gugu.....

all along.. AXS is quite user friendly... until DBS try to churn out its own monopoly...

well if DBS wana come out with its own systems... then at least they should get the support from others banks first before implementing.

Now they are making life difficult for people. [thumbsdown]

Quote from AXS website

"Customers of DBS and POSB are the first to be able to use D-Pay to carry out transactions on these AXS Stations.

More banks are expected to participate in D-Pay in 2009. "

Seriously with DBS doing it this way.. they are damn losers.

Making profits at the expense of consumers. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

another thing, dbs internet also dosent allow to pay citibank

so now monthly my dbs card and m1 bill pay by dbs.

citibank mus purposely find axs to pay, which is yes, damn gugu.

i feel dbs, being gahment owned should streamlined its system for the consumer and not setting up monopoly to discourage other users

Edited by Ah_tee

For Citibank credit card, pay using Citibank internet banking. Just open a Ready Credit account (free), put some money in it, and pay credit card by transferring internally from RC to CC.

In the first place why u pay bills through AXS?

I direct all my bills to a credit card, then monthly just pay 1 bill through internet banking. Can earn cash rebates somemore.

Yes. My young padawan. The spending Force is strong with you.

1st tier credit card, UOB One. Combine with spouse. Hit 300, switch over to next higher rebate card.

Actually it is best to GIRO your credit card bills. Prevents you from letting the bank earn from late fees. [scholar]

Pay all your credit card bills in full from the statement. No ifs no buts.

exactly... i don't understand why... half the time they are under utilized... they should flash BIG BIG DBS only... not after you finished keying the thick stack of bills then they tell you.

it's like they're playing a joke on you. [furious]

maybe they wanna capture some eye-balls mah.... anyway now most of the pple know liao so it will be even more under-utilized unless of course u have dbs card..........

there are always other alternatives to pay ur bill... using credit card, GIRO, .....

there are 3 such machines in compasspoint (sengkang) but lots of ppl like to queue behind the machine that can use OCBC card...looks like DBS and AXS did not do a comprehensive survey....usually ppl will use DBS/POSB as a savings, others use it as daily expenditure....

u can set up an inbound fund transfer with Citi from your DBS account.

ask Citi to send u form, sign, mail back. after they link.

next time u just log into citi internet banking and initiate payment from your DBS ac and funds shd be transferred in 3 working days.

I think you don't quite understand the situation.

The old AXS uses NETS. You know how much is paid per transaction for NETS? I don't know but imagine all the people going there to pay and every transaction, NETS pockets some amount.

Seeing this, DBS wants to earn this money too. So they bought up AXS and done away with NETS (which is accepted by every local bank), instituted this D-Pay. So now every transaction with the D-Pay AXS Station, DBS earns!

So if the banks sarpork as you say, DBS will song song gao Jurong!

You sure you want them to get away with this?

Wahh,dont

I see your reply, i also wanna laugh, you know about internet banking, yet you don't know you can use internet banking to pay your prop/TV tax. I had been helping my dad to pay using internet banking for the past 2 years, even he also know internet can use to pay this kind of thing...

[sweatdrop] FYI he is 60 yrs old this year.

Sam machine - buy stamps if all post office/authorised outlet is closed.

AXS - I went to redeem a citibank voucher.

Other than collect movie ticket(trying to make AXS machine useful [lipsrsealed] ) and pay bills(GIRO or cheque can do the job), I doubt these space wasting machine can do much thing...

Tax and tv licence only once a year la dei,its my option to use ib,Giro or not. Not like other payment every month,its wise to use ib. Once in a while join in the Q ok wat...can see chio bus and exchange lumber.

Now i'm laughing at you

lousy system, what on earth is d-pay. if u want to implement, make sure u let your consumer know lah!

go for SAM machine or pay online. better.

↡ Advertisement