AXS Machines: Many now only accept DBS/POSB ATM cards

Deel

Neutral Newbie

Didn't know that this is happening, so got pissed off by the AXS machine. Keyed in my laundry list of bills as I do every month, only to end up being told that my OCBC ATM card is not accepted anymore. Called up the customer service line and was informed that they are changing the machines to "D-Pay", a supposedly faster form of accepting payment, but only limited to DBS/POSB cards, which means that ALL other banks' ATM cards will not be accepted. Was also informed that by the end of 2009, ALL AXS machines will be "D-Pay", and other banks MAY join in (apparently DBS is a shareholder here). So for those who use AXS machines as a convenient form of paying your bills, don't waste your time if:

1. you do not have a DBS/POSB ATM card and

2. you see a red sticker circumference around the AXS machine's screen.

Quoted from AXS website:

We are pleased to announce the launch of D-Pay, a new choice of payment on the AXS Station, using your bank's ATM card and PIN.

From now till end of the year, D-Pay will be available at up to 100 AXS Stations islandwide. It will be fully rolled out to over 500 AXS Stations by end 2009.

Customers of DBS and POSB are the first to be able to use D-Pay to carry out transactions on these AXS Stations. More banks are expected to participate in D-Pay in 2009.

[bounce1][bounce1][bounce1][bounce1][bounce1][bounce1]

↡ Advertisement

Dont worry la,soon many bank will participate. IF they sarpork

I think you don't quite understand the situation.

The old AXS uses NETS. You know how much is paid per transaction for NETS? I don't know but imagine all the people going there to pay and every transaction, NETS pockets some amount.

Seeing this, DBS wants to earn this money too. So they bought up AXS and done away with NETS (which is accepted by every local bank), instituted this D-Pay. So now every transaction with the D-Pay AXS Station, DBS earns!

So if the banks sarpork as you say, DBS will song song gao Jurong!

You sure you want them to get away with this?

I think you don't quite understand the situation.

The old AXS uses NETS. You know how much is paid per transaction for NETS? I don't know but imagine all the people going there to pay and every transaction, NETS pockets some amount.

Seeing this, DBS wants to earn this money too. So they bought up AXS and done away with NETS (which is accepted by every local bank), instituted this D-Pay. So now every transaction with the D-Pay AXS Station, DBS earns!

So if the banks sarpork as you say, DBS will song song gao Jurong!

You sure you want them to get away with this?

S.A.M.S is the alternative, just like NGV [sly]

thxs for the detail info and im someone who do not like such lousy practice..my decision:--> ban axs machine and go for sam boy.. (normally, both axs and sams are placed side by side..)......( no more risk of accidentally sign up with some lousy credit card btw.....)... [blush]

[thumbsdown] ..... lousy system..... dun know what kind of lousy business decision they made... [shakehead]

exactly... i don't understand why... half the time they are under utilized... they should flash BIG BIG DBS only... not after you finished keying the thick stack of bills then they tell you.

it's like they're playing a joke on you. [furious]

Before DBS took over, it was Citibank that have a majority stake in AXS. I must say they have done a pretty good job and even though they are shut out of the NETS network which the local banks jealously guarded, the implemented it to make it easier for users of the big 5 QFBs credit cards to pay the credit card bills.

it is the increased cost of NETS which led to AXS having to source for alternative payment modes, as the increased cost is unsustainable long term~ Even though the same shareholders for NETS also owns AXS, NETs still charge AXS the full increased cost (which is like shooting your own foot)~

eventually D-PAY will be marketed as an alternative electronic payment mode to other merchants, which should be good for consumer since there is competition now (remember the outcry when NETS increased costs previously)~

In the first place why u pay bills through AXS?

I direct all my bills to a credit card, then monthly just pay 1 bill through internet banking. Can earn cash rebates somemore.

In the first place why u pay bills through AXS?

I direct all my bills to a credit card, then monthly just pay 1 bill through internet banking. Can earn cash rebates somemore.

Yup, agree with you, in the 1st place if TS can surf forum... internet banking is shd be His/her 1st choice, if Giro is not preferred.

i dont think sam can pay citibank cards bills

Yes.. SAM doesnt allow to pay citibank cards bills..

I think this is damn gugu.....

all along.. AXS is quite user friendly... until DBS try to churn out its own monopoly...

well if DBS wana come out with its own systems... then at least they should get the support from others banks first before implementing.

Now they are making life difficult for people. [thumbsdown]

Quote from AXS website

"Customers of DBS and POSB are the first to be able to use D-Pay to carry out transactions on these AXS Stations.

More banks are expected to participate in D-Pay in 2009. "

Seriously with DBS doing it this way.. they are damn losers.

Making profits at the expense of consumers. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Edited by Espire

Neutral Newbie

apparently internet interbank transfers are not as easy to set up as surfing a forum... ive had a multitude of problems linking my internet banking account to other banks' credit card accounts... which is why i pay those bills which cannot be linked on a conveniently located axs machine...

Neutral Newbie

which is why i find it pretty sad since axs pretty well networked such that you can pay loans, parking renewals, telco bills and even buy movie tickets... sigh

↡ Advertisement