Greed of the b*st*rds

Donut

Thats y to place the entire blame on the bush administration ain't really fair as the US has all the while been practising freedom in the markets.

Those CEOs and high-flying executives of these wall street finance institution r the ones that really casued the downfall of the world economy.

looking at the retrenchment rate of all industries around the world, seem like banking wasn't that bad where they are the main cause of the crisis [furious]

Supercharged

But Bush keep quiet and never raise any alarm for 8 yrs during his term? how can?

unless he's also receiving some dough on the sideline.....

8 bloody yrs as President and he never raise any alarm?

Obama, 1st day as President, already shoot down these b*st*rds

looking at the retrenchment rate of all industries around the world, seem like banking wasn't that bad where they are the main cause of the crisis [furious]

My friend who works in stanchart singapore earns obscene bonuses and got 3 pay increments in a year that she joined. [thumbsup]

But Bush keep quiet and never raise any alarm for 8 yrs during his term? how can?

unless he's also receiving some dough on the sideline.....

8 bloody yrs as President and he never raise any alarm?

Obama, 1st day as President, already shoot down these b*st*rds

The US finanical market has all the while been unregulated. Not just during Bush's time.

During his time, when stock markets & property prices r doing well and pple have plenty of jobs & good pay checks, who would step in and say "You had too much bonuses!"?

Right now the economy is in a mess, it does not take a genius to say what obama is saying now.

Genius or not .... someone gonna stop this.

While I agree that if got bonus, it shall be shared. They must however practice a clause where a certain percentage be kept away for rainy days.

But as usual, the B.O.D will clear all .. leaving peanuts for us to take.

My friend who works in stanchart singapore earns obscene bonuses and got 3 pay increments in a year that she joined. [thumbsup]

formerly in stan chart, my sister's direct boss's renumeration in 2007 is half a million.

in banks, the sky is the limit.

formerly in stan chart, my sister's direct boss's renumeration in 2007 is half a million.

in banks, the sky is the limit.

Thats y many pple wants to work in banks. The bonuses r obscene.

Who talks about basic salary in banks when bonuses can easily amount to half a year or more (even for a normal executive) [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Thats y many pple wants to work in banks. The bonuses r obscene.

Who talks about basic salary in banks when bonuses can easily amount to half a year or more (even for a normal executive) [thumbsup]

Barclays even paid a 3rd year NTU finance student $4k a month during internship (3 month vacation job). Yes, this is in S'pore. Last year. <_<

Before we start pointing fingers at companies that are not within our country and are beyond our control...

Please stop cry mother cry father about them being greedy

JUST take a look at our very own politicians

President who does hardly any decision making, perhaps to decide whether to have mango chunney or not in his papadam earns a cool S$3 million

minister without portfolio earns just as much as a normal minister, stay in office to catch flies and mosquito and yet do such a bad job, our dengue figures are going up.

PM is doing everything and ask private companies not to retrench workers

BUT GUESS what

DBS first company to kick out some many staff

lets concentrate on the important issue

Realli Ironic...... Here government is telling everyone in the press, they will encourage companies not to retrench ppl unless realli neccesaary, budget to help companies tide over this crisis so that wont resort to retrenchment.......... there i heard my company regional HQ retrench 3 staffs on the 4th day of CNY, i heard a local construction company starting their retrenchment excerise liao (1st batch chop liao, more to come).......

Realli ironic. does that mean government tok c*ck sing song?

Last week budget give people hope, this CNY they are the first to retrench peoples.

Chartered today just announce to cut 600 jobs. Sighzz.. don't know whats more?

Retrenchments should apply to the government personnel as well. Those don't perform out u go. And this applies all the way to the PM as well. But since they are the ones calling the shots, this is unlikely

Aren't you from Hong Kong? AKA Meecar? Why are you bringing our domestic issues about Singapore Politicians when the thread is talking about Wall Street Bonuses? [hur] You are going off thread.

Cos gahment encourage nia.......... not paying the employees on behalf of the companies. Thus the overheads are still bore by the companies.

Edited by Wanderer
↡ Advertisement