Are blind spot mirrors useful at all?

Revslide

Twincharged

any good one for watching out kerb ? 

Just get any blindspot mirror. No good or bad one. Only whether you install at the correct position or not.

↡ Advertisement

Will it not look like a heavy vehicle?

i think it's a RUSH or RAV4 can't remember modded for off-road including the suspension etc.

usually at bedok area.

Turbocharged

Just get any blindspot mirror. No good or bad one. Only whether you install at the correct position or not.

had a pair.. right position, but the problem is my eyes [dizzy] .. if only i was 20 years younger...  :a-bang:

now i still do the ah pek method.. open door and see when i reverse 

Twincharged

had a pair.. right position, but the problem is my eyes [dizzy] .. if only i was 20 years younger...  :a-bang:

now i still do the ah pek method.. open door and see when i reverse 

That one ah pek method meh... I also do that cuz my own car no reverse sensor or camera. Lol. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

That one ah pek method meh... I also do that cuz my own car no reverse sensor or camera. Lol.

In denial ah lol..
  • Praise 2

Even got cam also cant depend on it for reverse

Ugly lel ... got swee one bo
  • Haha! 2

Added these to both wing mirrors of my SUV.....

main purpose is to check the right rear wheels from scrapping the kerbs as I like to park as close to any kerb as possible. SUV body quite elevated, so alot of blind areas in the sides I'll and wheels area. 

My left mirror will autotilt on reverse but sometimes when you go alongside the left side while driving forward, it is hard to gauge. 

Secondary use is to act as a quick last split second check before committing to a lane change.

Tertiary use is when on occasions when one those slanted/curved joining lane to the main arterial roads, it is hard to turn the head beyond 90 degrees  and at same time checking the left to make sure no idiot motorcyclist/PMD try to squeeze through you left side as you move to join the main road. 

post-24957-0-75442800-1538790014_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

For people that think blind spot mirrors are useless.

Get your MIL to stand in the blind spot and very quickly

turn into her. If you run over her toes and you suddenly

start to hear screaming then you know how good these

things are. Scientific experiments are the way to go.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

Added these to both wing mirrors of my SUV.....

main purpose is to check the right rear wheels from scrapping the kerbs as I like to park as close to any kerb as possible. SUV body quite elevated, so alot of blind areas in the sides I'll and wheels area.

My left mirror will autotilt on reverse but sometimes when you go alongside the left side while driving forward, it is hard to gauge.

Secondary use is to act as a quick last split second check before committing to a lane change.

Tertiary use is when on occasions when one those slanted/curved joining lane to the main arterial roads, it is hard to turn the head beyond 90 degrees and at same time checking the left to make sure no idiot motorcyclist/PMD try to squeeze through you left side as you move to join the main road.

20181006_082830-picsay.jpg

Have u tried round ones? Would it be better
  • Praise 1

I tried the round ones on my wife's old car... Not as good. 

This multiconvex one have less obstructing plastic rim/border. The coverage is better for my purpose ie. It allows me to see my rear wheels at same time magnify the traditional driving blind spot zone. 

It is is rotatable and tiltable. 

Got it from taobao after much research on the various models in the market. 

Have u tried round ones? Would it be better

While these convex mirror additions are supposed to increase your rearward field of vision, they are actually confusing to use effectively, since your eyes take extra time to adjust to the reflection of the blind spot mirrors, since you will normally first glance at the normal mirror and then move to the additional one .

That is the reason I don't install blindspot mirror. Instead I adjust side mirror as out as possible till I could only see 1/10 of the car body.

Merc/lexus can even set the amount of tilt. But only for the left side. 

If want to park near to right side kerb, also cannot open door to check as these days cars will auto go into park mode when the driver door is open while reverse is engaged.

Also tight carpark left or right turns, can peek at the accessory mirrors while going slow around the acute angle bends can help save kerb rashes and side swipes.

Short of having a 360 camera option, these accessory mirrors are low cost aids that have dual functionalities of active blind spots monitoring and parking aid. 

Don’t merc and beemer would remember the car key setting with auto tilt down whenever the reverse gear is engaged?

Merc/lexus can even set the amount of tilt. But only for the left side.

If want to park near to right side kerb, also cannot open door to check as these days cars will auto go into park mode when the driver door is open while reverse is engaged.

Also tight carpark left or right turns, can peek at the accessory mirrors while going slow around the acute angle bends can help save kerb rashes and side swipes.

Short of having a 360 camera option, these accessory mirrors are low cost aids that have dual functionalities of active blind spots monitoring and parking aid.

I remember the w211 and e65 would tilt the mirrors down whenever the R gear was engaged.

Sadly the top variant of the current V70 doesn’t have that feature, not even auto headlight.

I guess have to wind down the window and stick the head out or manually tilt the mirrors then.