Are blind spot mirrors useful at all?

Revslide

Neutral Newbie

Just having a random thought about getting blind-spot mirrors(round button-like) and technically it seems like a good device/aid to have. But i'm just wondering if it really does help for the lookout given the small area used on your side mirror? It seems like nobody uses them at all.

↡ Advertisement

I used a couple before, and personally feel that they are useful to keep track of the general traffic situation around you. But for lane changing or turning, nothing beats quickly turning to check the blind spots - I cannot count the number of times my life was preserved by doing this basic act.

I always put on all my car. I found it very usefull for parallel parking. You can see the rear tyre and the side of the road.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i think its useful enough to prevent an accident? lol. anyway just like to check where u guys normally place your blindspot mirrors?

Think most of ones i saw put them of the lower outer corner of their side mirror. But i'm not sure if putting another one on the passenger side is necessary..Maybe too far and small to see anything?

I always put on all my car. I found it very usefull for parallel parking. You can see the rear tyre and the side of the road.

Spot on. Makes parallel parking a lot easier!!!

but if put the blind spot mirror on lower outer corner, doesnt it kind of 'block' what u would normally see if there's no blind spot mirror? get what i mean? i think its better if put on inner top corner of the side mirror, cos if w/o the blind spot mirror the inner top corner of side mirror only see abit of car body. wont matter so much if u stick the blind spot mirror there.

anyway 1 thing i noted about sonata cabs is that most of them only stick the blind spot mirror on the right side mirror. its like a separate blind spot mirror pllaced on top of the side mirror. but the passenger side/left side mirror got no blind spot mirror. any idea why?

its good for parking, and a first check (and then manual blind spot check) before changing lanes

Edited by Bigg

Neutral Newbie

I put mine at the inner lower corner and its mostly used for parking and checking how close I am to the kerbs when I am on the roads or highways. Very useful device and a must have for me.

my right blind spot mirror is angled outwards for a wider view.. my left blind spot mirror is angled downwards to see parking lot line..

for me i dont trust these blind spot mirrors. i feel that it makes one complacent. i trust my eyes more.

Have 2 agree, trust urself. Trust friend's advise n my mud flap got a patch of paint strip off. [sweatdrop]

Just having a random thought about getting blind-spot mirrors(round button-like) and technically it seems like a good device/aid to have. But i'm just wondering if it really does help for the lookout given the small area used on your side mirror? It seems like nobody uses them at all.

I use it on both sides to see kerbs which I was doing parking so as not to graze it...... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

other than that, can't really see much blind spot with such tiny mirror....... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Took me some time to make it a habit to look at these mirrors before changing lanes. But mostly only use it during the day time. Night time totally hopeless. Prefer to turn my head to take a look.

I used them when I was new to driving. I find them helpful in the following ways:

a) Stick on side mirror. Help me to watchout for motorcyclists, some of them have the habit of riding fast and close to the side of your car. Good for parallel parking.

b) Stick on rear view mirror. Help me to watch out for small kids who are sitting at the rear cabin.

I stopped using them when one fo the side mirror one got stolen. Anyway, through growing experience, the 2 side mirrors and rear view mirror are good enough to lookout for blind spots. Parallel parking becomes 2nd nature when you get more confident in parking.

So to me, they are good to have, not a neccessity.

Regards,

I think exercise the habit of turning the head to check is better than the blind spot mirrors, in my opinion. These mirrors don't really give me the view which I wanted and discovered for myself a couple of times. More prominently, especially, when I came out of slip road and filtering into the expressways.

I have a wider rear view mirror which allows me to see the vehicles coming from my rear right window. But that is just additional checking for me. I still turn my head.

I used them when I was new to driving. I find them helpful in the following ways:

a) Stick on side mirror. Help me to watchout for motorcyclists, some of them have the habit of riding fast and close to the side of your car. Good for parallel parking.

b) Stick on rear view mirror. Help me to watch out for small kids who are sitting at the rear cabin.

I stopped using them when one fo the side mirror one got stolen. Anyway, through growing experience, the 2 side mirrors and rear view mirror are good enough to lookout for blind spots. Parallel parking becomes 2nd nature when you get more confident in parking.

So to me, they are good to have, not a neccessity.

Regards,

Me P park got problem on 1st few try then more confident but none with those small mirror. Problem driving company car always switch car so each time need to refresh P parking, also LRD to RHD and back again. [crazy]

If it really helps then maybe I should get 1 2.

↡ Advertisement