Is this RX8 worth considering?

Garlic

More info @ http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...349&DL=1127

OMV @ $37,314 , COE @ $24,189, mileage @ 55K km.

Dealer willing to release at 56K with one free servicing inclusive of 4 brand new brake pads and a full tank of petrol.

Have seen and tested vehicle, completely stock and in good condition.

Accident free and given "B" rating by STA (have seen report).

Dealer's workshop also inspected vehicle and is willing to provide 3 yrs warranty on the following parts:

1) Gearbox

2) Electronics

3) Engine

Only condition is that vehicle must be serviced by them, each servicing cost $100+

Written black and white provided.

Thanks. [laugh]

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Taking their words with a pinch of salt.

They claim vehicle was purchased at 62K in Aug '08 and has been sitting there ever since.

Desperate to sell so as to cut losses.

Anything to take note of when buying from second hand dealers?

Thanks.

Edited by Garlic

Taking their words with a pinch of salt.

They claim vehicle was purchased at 62K in Aug '08 and has been sitting there ever since.

Desperate to sell so as to cut losses.

Anything to take note of when buying from second hand dealers?

Thanks.

At below 6k depreciation, can buy and play for a while. But for a 4 year old "Sports Car", it might have taken a beating from previous owner and also during its time at the 2nd hand dealer, so must consider.

More info @ http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...349&DL=1127

OMV @ $37,314 , COE @ $24,189, mileage @ 55K km.

Dealer willing to release at 56K with one free servicing inclusive of 4 brand new brake pads and a full tank of petrol.

Have seen and tested vehicle, completely stock and in good condition.

Accident free and given "B" rating by STA (have seen report).

Dealer's workshop also inspected vehicle and is willing to provide 3 yrs warranty on the following parts:

1) Gearbox

2) Electronics

3) Engine

Only condition is that vehicle must be serviced by them, each servicing cost $100+

Written black and white provided.

Thanks. [laugh]

if STA can give B

100% chance accident case b4

IMO i wouldnt touch it

Interior low spec cloth seats.

transmission is 4 speed auto for all models up to 2006. following auto versions had 6 speeders

Mileage isnt disclosed so its probably high. and we all know how much high mileage, low spec sportscars are worth

imo you money is better spent on a later model rx-8 with a proper 6 speed auto, leather interior and nicer wheels, with lower mileage. If constrained by budget, better to look at other cars. this one has 'lemon' written all over it

IMO i wouldnt touch it

Interior low spec cloth seats.

transmission is 4 speed auto for all models up to 2006. following auto versions had 6 speeders

Mileage isnt disclosed so its probably high. and we all know how much high mileage, low spec sportscars are worth

imo you money is better spent on a later model rx-8 with a proper 6 speed auto, leather interior and nicer wheels, with lower mileage. If constrained by budget, better to look at other cars. this one has 'lemon' written all over it

i wholeheartedly agree with you. and i don't believe they bough it at 62k. maybe can bagant more. at 52? see if they are really desperate to sell.

if STA can give B

100% chance accident case b4

Yeah y not A but B? Before i sold my previous ride i had sent for STA thorough checkup n evaluation too n even thou i kena rear ended once(never declare), I still got an A rating...

don't believe anything the dealer promise etc etc.

best practice is to see the dealer as just a seller - not authorized distributor. buy already, beat backside, you do everything yourself outside. they can promise you the world, but often there are catches. must service at their workshop etc, meaning you are at their beck and call. recipe for things to turn ugly. "opps! your radiator suddenly stopped working when I was fixing your tail light"

Neutral Newbie

Yeah y not A but B? Before i sold my previous ride i had sent for STA thorough checkup n evaluation too n even thou i kena rear ended once(never declare), I still got an A rating...

pls correct me if I am wrong...

STA check..all these is just for the body...structure right?...doesn't clearly tell you got accident (those small and medium type) before or not....?

ah_benz's recommendation is much better...2006 model, agent model and fully optioned with the two-toned leather interior, plus sunroof! and bigger rims too i think. Not to mention the brake upgrade but its probably aftermarket. mileage is very reasonable for its age at 30k+. For just a bit more money too. If it was agent maintained with records, and accident free...can huat...the only question mark is 2 owners

Edited by Blackreplica