Comatose NSF's parents sue MINDEF for compensation and medical benefits

Mustank

Even if they win, it will never bring back their son to his usual self. I rather nothing has happened.

Sometimes, when you have lost everything, it still pays to have a little hope, burning inside of you to keep you alive.

↡ Advertisement

hi mazdaowner can i enquire what's the time frame between processing of injury report and giving of compensation?

During my time, was 3 years after I left. Now, it's like less then 2 years.

Processing of injury report all depends on those idiots on how long the file sit on their table.

You still have to go thru a medical board, sometimes as much as 3 times in certain cases,

before it gets processed, then to compensation. Case to case, but on average now, its 2 years,

and you have to push as well on your own.

During my time, was 3 years after I left. Now, it's like less then 2 years.

Processing of injury report all depends on those idiots on how long the file sit on their table.

You still have to go thru a medical board, sometimes as much as 3 times in certain cases,

before it gets processed, then to compensation. Case to case, but on average now, its 2 years,

and you have to push as well on your own.

Thanks mazdaowner. Nice to have someone whom I can relate with.

I think I have attended to all the admin red tape there could be. Injury report done; certified as service injury and given a service injury card for future medical follow-up reimbursement. Shortly after i ord-ed in early 07, was called to medical centre for appt which i believe was medical board. Now, almost 2 years since i ord-ed, still no news of the supposed compensation which they mentioned to me.

Well since you mention 2 years, maybe I shall wait and see how it goes for awhile more. Thanks again btw.

Thanks mazdaowner. Nice to have someone whom I can relate with.

I think I have attended to all the admin red tape there could be. Injury report done; certified as service injury and given a service injury card for future medical follow-up reimbursement. Shortly after i ord-ed in early 07, was called to medical centre for appt which i believe was medical board. Now, almost 2 years since i ord-ed, still no news of the supposed compensation which they mentioned to me.

Well since you mention 2 years, maybe I shall wait and see how it goes for awhile more. Thanks again btw.

I suggest you chase up on the matter by calling them to see what is going on, instead of letting it drag or play the waiting game.

If you wait, it may never happen. I did so on my case.

Family wins lawsuit

THE parents of a former full-time national serviceman, comatose for more than three years after an incident in camp, have won their lawsuit against the Defence Ministry.

The High Court decision paves the way for the family of Jeremy Tan, now 26, to seek disability compensation and medical benefits from Mindef.

On Aug 3, 2005, Mr Tan, then a corporal rostered as duty storeman at Seletar East Camp, was found unconscious at the foot of a building where his bunk was located on the third-level.

At least the parents can fully take care of the son wihout worrying financially.

[bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

glad that the family wins.. all the excuses given by Mindef to stop the financial payments are really excuses!!!

if really got off duty and on duty.. then when enemy strikes , can we say off-duty so no need to fight??? NSF is 'Full-time' service literally (24 by 7). they control our freedom from the time we are recruited till ORD! anything happened to soldiers during this enlistment period, mindef must be responsible.

They said serving the nation is our responsibility...fine. But when something happened to a soldier, they tried to wriggle themselves out of their responsibility.

Edited by Fcw75

They said serving the nation is our responsibility...fine. But when something happened to a soldier, they tried to wriggle themselves out of their responsibility.

%#$%#^$&&^&&!! [shakehead] knnh!

%#$%#^$&&^&&!! [shakehead] knnh!

Actually brother, MINDEF is a wonderful organization, sames goes for our Army, Navy and AirForce,

and I'm very serious when I say this, it's the knnbccb, LJ lang who work inside there, making the decisions

the spoil every thing.

Those basterds, knncb, think they are GOD, holding everyone's life in their hands.

I know too well, I broke one of this MFCB kia's table glass when they tried to drag my

service injury compensation. [furious]

Actually brother, MINDEF is a wonderful organization, sames goes for our Army, Navy and AirForce,

and I'm very serious when I say this, it's the knnbccb, LJ lang who work inside there, making the decisions

the spoil every thing.

Those basterds, knncb, think they are GOD, holding everyone's life in their hands.

I know too well, I broke one of this MFCB kia's table glass when they tried to drag my

service injury compensation. [furious]

What to do? A bunch of ar$eh*les running the show. . . . . [sweatdrop]

When i was in the 81mm motar training course. I remember the encik said......your time in NS does not belong to you, not your parents, not your girlfriends. It belongs to the country. U are in service 24/7 during this time.

We are made to be responsible, they are not. Hiazzzzzz. [thumbsdown]

maybe it's time to burn more MPs???

i dun get it.. they spent thousands of dollars on ridiculous GLAMOROUS advert on tv and papers..

depicting the high tech they have and the smartness of their soldiers..

but when it comes to compensation.. it's always TAI CHI...

such issues will only make NSF and NSmen less willing to serve them...

i would rather pay to get myself downgraded before one would pay for the injuries he sustained while serving that crap ORGANISATION..

maybe it's time to burn more MPs???

i dun get it.. they spent thousands of dollars on ridiculous GLAMOROUS advert on tv and papers..

depicting the high tech they have and the smartness of their soldiers..

but when it comes to compensation.. it's always TAI CHI...

such issues will only make NSF and NSmen less willing to serve them...

i would rather pay to get myself downgraded before one would pay for the injuries he sustained while serving that crap ORGANISATION..

It is NEVER the organization, but the bunch axxholes up there making the rules, skiving, doing fark off, that give the organization a bad name.

I still love the army, but I will not bat a eye to kill the shix out of those bast ards!

People who are up there (scholars) go by the book, and don't have compassion, unlike the people

on the ground.

It is NEVER the organization, but the bunch axxholes up there making the rules, skiving, doing fark off, that give the organization a bad name.

I still love the army, but I will not bat a eye to kill the shix out of those bast ards!

People who are up there (scholars) go by the book, and don't have compassion, unlike the people

on the ground.

I think you have it upside down. The people at the top are generally nice (go talk to them and you'll see). If you have a chance to read the mindef directives, you'll find that they are written with the wellbeing of the servicemen in mind.

It is the people at the bottom (OC,PC, PS, Sect Com) that are the lousy ones. They tend to withhold the benefits from the men because the men do not know any better. I cannot begin to count the number of times when people have been asked to book in to "endorse" their MC.

At the lower levels, the abuse of power is especially rampant... But this is to be expected when you put lowly educated people who sign on in charge of people who are smarter than them. They tend to flaunt their power and bully the men. In what other job would a 20 year old N level graduate be put in charge of JC/poly/Uni students?

I think you have it upside down. The people at the top are generally nice (go talk to them and you'll see). If you have a chance to read the mindef directives, you'll find that they are written with the wellbeing of the servicemen in mind.

It is the people at the bottom (OC,PC, PS, Sect Com) that are the lousy ones. They tend to withhold the benefits from the men because the men do not know any better. I cannot begin to count the number of times when people have been asked to book in to "endorse" their MC.

At the lower levels, the abuse of power is especially rampant... But this is to be expected when you put lowly educated people who sign on in charge of people who are smarter than them. They tend to flaunt their power and bully the men. In what other job would a 20 year old N level graduate be put in charge of JC/poly/Uni students?

If the ppl 'up there are nice' then they should have settled this privately and would not go for open Court!

You mean the scholars don't know HOW to settle matters....or they must learn from the 'Ah Bengs' at Geyland corner coffee shops to do so! :D

Looks like you donno how a "Two face Motherfarker" looks like even when one is staring at you in the face.

And I'm not scold you.

Looks like you donno how a "Two face Motherfarker" looks like even when one is staring at you in the face.

And I'm not scold you.

eh...maybe this fella white dick horse leh...everyone nice nice to him....

I think u and i know..the lower levels they say ther finish there...thehigher ups, you think finish there.,..but you find legal letters hitting you...knn

↡ Advertisement