Mass Airflow sensor failed

Freeman

well, I have been a user of K & N and have no problem since 89' [sly]

do a search and there are a few members also recommend how to wash and oil the K & N, not sure still can find the thread after the migration.

I know. Probably your testimony and sharing might help some bros here. Hehe! [thumbsup]

I just did a search yesterday with this new setup. Managed to locate one of your old threads about oiling the k&n filter. [laugh]

1989 I was still primary school. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Feel
↡ Advertisement

But how long have you been using the K&N on any single car you have?

Many people just claim that they have use K&N for many of their ride before but every 3 to 4 years they change new car.

So how many can actually justify that there's no problem in a long run?

I had it for 8yrs on my 3rd car (my 2nd Alfa), no problem at all for the MAF

well, I have been a user of K & N and have no problem since 89' [sly]

do a search and there are a few members also recommend how to wash and oil the K & N, not sure still can find the thread after the migration.

Yes Vtim, I've seen those thread before & know very well how to wash & not to over oil it.

What I'm asking is has anybody actually use this filter on a SINGLE car for many many years to justify the filter.

Not since 89' but changed car 6 times.

I know. Probably your testimony and sharing might help some bros here. Hehe! [thumbsup]

I just did a search yesterday with this new setup. Managed to locate one of your old threads about oiling the k&n filter. [laugh]

1989 I was still primary school. [sweatdrop]

before my 1st car in 89, I was riding a bike during my last year in NS, that bike I didn't use any airfilter at all :D

Yes Vtim, I've seen those thread before & know very well how to wash & not to over oil it.

What I'm asking is has anybody actually use this filter on a SINGLE car for many many years to justify the filter.

Not since 89' but changed car 6 times.

got lah, my 3rd car (my 2nd Alfa) I use it for 8yrs, mileague was close to 180k before I scrap it

Neutral Newbie

before my 1st car in 89, I was riding a bike during my last year in NS, that bike I didn't use any airfilter at all :D

ITBmiester haha

Its a good thing I replaced my maf with map sensor using motec.

Just take more caution with oiling will do. [thumbsup]

ITBmiester haha

Its a good thing I replaced my maf with map sensor using motec.

Just take more caution with oiling will do. [thumbsup]

that was a 2 stroke LC bike, it's a real screamer on the intake part [lipsrsealed]

My MAF sensor failed last week.

I was on K&N filter but got it changed back to stock before sending the car back to AD to claim under warranty.

As what I've expected the first thing asked is whether I'm using K&N filter & was told that this is not a common part that fail unless I'm using oil-base filter.

Of coz I got it claim eventually but just want to check with you guys that is it true K&N filter often cause problem on MAF sensor?

Those on K&N filter, can I have some feedback from you guys on how long have you been using it & have you encounter such problem after certain number of year usage.

Just want to have some feel on whether mine is suay suay fail or highly due to K&N.

Thanks

MAF unlikely to fail due to K&N, unless you liberally over-oiled it.

Some people have luck cleaning it and it works again.

However, I would not use K&N as I like my engine to be clean.

Bought it and sold it away 6 months later.

I don't trust the cotton filter. Just look at the filter against a light source.

If you see plenty of holes where the light passed through, that's where dirt will pass through also.

Neutral Newbie

BTW...if K&N users follow instructions and still cause the engine to kaput....you can write to K&N and make noise....they have been around for donkey years....and I am sure that they bother about their reputation.

I remember once that there was a report on K&N filter was the filter that the US Army used when they were fighting in Iraq....the Apache could not fly for long period of time cause of the sand keep clogging the filters. So they design one for the Apache....

But that said....everyone has their own preference on brands and products....so long as the product that you prefers dun give you problem....so be it lor.

Complain got use meh????

Tan Ah Kao from Sg write to them on his car problem is the same as US ARMY writing to them on their Apache meh???

My MAF sensor failed last week.

I was on K&N filter but got it changed back to stock before sending the car back to AD to claim under warranty.

As what I've expected the first thing asked is whether I'm using K&N filter & was told that this is not a common part that fail unless I'm using oil-base filter.

Of coz I got it claim eventually but just want to check with you guys that is it true K&N filter often cause problem on MAF sensor?

Those on K&N filter, can I have some feedback from you guys on how long have you been using it & have you encounter such problem after certain number of year usage.

Just want to have some feel on whether mine is suay suay fail or highly due to K&N.

Thanks

Many yrs back I was driving a Mazda 323 1.6M and had the K&N drop-in. After using for abt a yr, my MAF also failed... and mech said most prob due to the filter's oil... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement