Is Nissan Sylphy price too High?

Quantum

Is Nissan Sylphy price too High?  

89 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes,too high
    • No,acceptable

06-07 model Civic 2.0 OMV 22k now I not sure.

Still over price, Carmy 25K OMV selling $77k likewise for Legacy,EX CVT or 6,and if a OMV 21k SYLPHY 2.0 selling at 76k with low resale value really make it over+over price and I can hardly find 1 at my place/work place. Now with price for 2.0L car all at 75k mark, ppl will not be even looking Nissan car.

Current situation is AD having booking till next year, the price will not go down till its order exhuasted. Unless they are clearing stock with new model coming.

↡ Advertisement

when I wanted to change my sunny, the 1st option was sylphy, though its sunny's replancement, but due to the price issue, no choice have to give up liao[:/]

Many readers who have never sat in a Sylphy, judge the car by the looks and so derive that it is slow, boring and ugly, hence not as worthy as other makes like civic and such. this shows how naive they are. Car makers do not just make cars to look sporty, which they can, like the Nissan GT which is much more powerful and fierce than what Honda and others offer as an alternative. The truth is, it is practical, comfortable and conservatively styled cars which sells in volume, not a necessarily a sporty looking car. Thats why despite it's popularity, Honda actually reported that they suffered a 10% drop in their car sales, which is comparatively higher than Nissan and Toyota. In fact, having worked in Japan for over a year, I can vouge that in Japan, the most populous car make on the road is nonetheless, Nissan. Yup, not Toyota, definately not Honda.

So my point of this post is, dont anyhow shoot merely base on pure perception without actual experience. Btw, just for the record, I drive an Accord, while my family member owns a Sylphy, and I can tell you the Sylphy is as comfortable and torquey, for more than 10k less in price. The only thing is, the Sylphy looks ultra conservative. And the key word here is 'looks'.

Edited by Vextan

A Sylphy, IMHO, has no look and performance. What it has is the perceived comfort and spaciousness(By building the car taller). The buyer decide whether it is worth the 5K+ premium.

Regards,

a good example of talking without subtantiating with experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Reply To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Sylphy, IMHO, has no look and performance. What it has is the perceived comfort and spaciousness(By building the car taller). The buyer decide whether it is worth the 5K+ premium.

Regards,

a good example of talking without subtantiating with experience.

Please suggest to me what sort of experience do you want? So many articules and margazines on comparsion between the Bluebird, Mitsubishi and Civic, who is always the slowest one and been criticized for look? We already mentioned that Slyphy forte is built for comfort.

You want to arrange a race on a Slyphy at PG race track?

Regards,

Nissan Sylphy 2.0 (A) at $83,000 dizzy.gif

Honda Civic 2.0 Si (A) at $78,600 wink.gif

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 GT (A) at $77,988 wink.gif

All are genuine Japanese cars, Don't understand why Sylphy price is higher than Civic and Lancer so muchconfused.gif

although Civic and Lancer performance are better than Sylphylipsrsealed.gif

It's totally overpriced, hence a total sales flop...

Would u pay that kind of $$$ for drum brakes for a 2.0 ?

Woah bro

Vextan and me can keep quiet and then go one side and sulk already wor.

You should be driving something more racy, more powderful, faster than Sylphy?

Yes, Sylphy may not be able to go to PG.

But if your car is able to go PG as its track worthy, I don't see why you should reply to a thread where the people are all talking about Sylphy and cars arounds its range bah

we're too slow, too not racy, and not PG worthy.

(:

cheers!

my 2 bahts worth.

Woah bro

Vextan and me can keep quiet and then go one side and sulk already wor.

You should be driving something more racy, more powderful, faster than Sylphy?

Yes, Sylphy may not be able to go to PG.

But if your car is able to go PG as its track worthy, I don't see why you should reply to a thread where the people are all talking about Sylphy and cars arounds its range bah

we're too slow, too not racy, and not PG worthy.

(:

cheers!

my 2 bahts worth.

[laugh] Don't get me wrong. I'm no expert lah, I just based on what I've read. Having said that I drove a 1993 Sunny when I was a newbie. It is a very hardy car [thumbsup], subject to all sort of abuse by a then newbie like me [sweatdrop].

There are stock cars that raced in PG too. You'd be surprised they are no less capable than those modded one. The driver counts too.

Regards,

slyphy is indeed comfortable but really at such a high price i can get a better car in terms of comfort and design...sumore slyphy though is 2.0 but however is seem like those 1.5 class vehicles..if tats the case i would chose to buy a sonata.. [laugh]

I don't mind drum brakes or disc brakes too much, as long as the price is decent [:p]

even if Toyota Wish and some type of Honda Stream also drum brakes, still good sell [;)]

Nissan Sylphy 2.0 (A) at $83,000 dizzy.gif

Honda Civic 2.0 Si (A) at $78,600 wink.gif

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 GT (A) at $77,988 wink.gif

All are genuine Japanese cars, Don't understand why Sylphy price is higher than Civic and Lancer so muchconfused.gif

although Civic and Lancer performance are better than Sylphylipsrsealed.gif

If want to pay 83K for sylphy, might as well get a Mazda 6 which is now around this price level as well and is a far better car..

now Sylphy price drop to $80,000, is more reasonable [:|]

though it has better FC than Civic and Lancer due to light body weigh <_<

why pay 80k for an ugly car? and a car that is also available in a smaller engine=not a big car at the first place.

at least civic and lancer is a much better looker.

mazda 6 if arn same price is a good deal

↡ Advertisement