Is Nissan Sylphy price too High?

Quantum

Is Nissan Sylphy price too High?  

89 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes,too high
    • No,acceptable

A Sylphy, IMHO, has no look and performance. What it has is the perceived comfort and spaciousness(By building the car taller). The buyer decide whether it is worth the 5K+ premium.

Regards,

sylphy is really really comfortable. and i mean really comfortable

BUT, not worth the premium.

i'll choose honda civic 2.0M instead.

quite surprise, still got manual enthusiast [laugh]

last time I went to KM showroom requested to test drive civic 2.0M, the SE opened his mouth few seconds looked at me then said 'sorri, no manual test drive unit' [:/]

understood [;)]

IMHO, the major reason of Nissan lost singapore market is due to sylphy's unreasonable price, such high price how to take over after sunny's market [:/]

Eh, 1st of all, Sylphy is not meant to be a Sunny replacement.

2ndly, have a look at the OMV b4 commenting bah, not we wan to price sky-high (at least for now). FYI, latest batch one 21k OMV for the Sylphy 1.5, go do the maths [sly]

The sales volume of Sylphy speaks for itself. It ain't a value for money buy.

Same thing goes for the Lancer EX 2.0. In terms of power, ride refinement, looks (subjective), marque [:p] , built quality all no way comparable to the civic si.

In Japan, Honda & Toyota are top "tier 1" brands. Nissan is considered widely as "tier 2" and the rest, "tier 3".

i thought mazda is quite zai also.

Mazda is considered zai only when compared to the likes of small manufacturers like daihatsu & suzuki [:p]

Why not look at Teana instead? Almost that price range and the interior is nice. I used to dislike Nissan but now, nope. The comfort is what I pursue. :)

The name of Sylphy also sounds strange n hard to pronouce.

Many older folks like my dad can only pronouce it as syphilis at best [:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Rickster

A Sylphy, IMHO, has no look and performance. What it has is the perceived comfort and spaciousness(By building the car taller). The buyer decide whether it is worth the 5K+ premium.

Regards,

sylphy is really really comfortable. and i mean really comfortable

BUT, not worth the premium.

i'll choose honda civic 2.0M instead.

Yes, u have the feeling of travelling wrapped up in a ball of cushion [laugh] bouncing & floating around.

i like qashqai but my dad honda civic 1.6 is left till aug 09 to finish repaying the loan....if now sell off civic and buy new car dunno how to cal and dunno good or bad...

actually, sylphy is under-rated cars among japs.

I have sat in one. It has comfy ride, engine refinement, build quality, space & feels torquey even at low revs.

My friend who is driving one said that its handling & looks is better than toyota anytime.

He's driving the 1.5 & dunno why new altis 1.6 is still more popular than sylphy.

But if u consider above strengths of sylphy, I'd say it deserved its premium pricing level in 1.5/1.6 cat.

But in 2.0 cat, it's hard to compete as there are so many 2.0 cars which can match the strengths of sylphy. Unless sylphy is priced further away from those big 2.0 cars like camry, teana, accord etc.

The sales volume of Sylphy speaks for itself. It ain't a value for money buy.

Same thing goes for the Lancer EX 2.0. In terms of power, ride refinement, looks (subjective), marque [:p] , built quality all no way comparable to the civic si.

In Japan, Honda & Toyota are top "tier 1" brands. Nissan is considered widely as "tier 2" and the rest, "tier 3".

Don't know about tier. But I just went to Japan last week and I saw more Nissan than Honda on the road. Saw the Elgrand and must say, quite impressive

But in 2.0 cat, it's hard to compete as there are so many 2.0 cars which can match the strengths of sylphy. Unless sylphy is priced further away from those big 2.0 cars like camry, teana, accord etc.

IMHO, it is more like it is hard for Sylphy to match with the performance of other 2.0L car. Slyphy is also a different class altogether, not be seen in the same light as Accord, Camry & Teana. It should be compared with Honda Civic 2.0 SI and Mitsubishi 2.0 EX instead.

Regards,