An P-plate equivalent for the senior drivers

Kelpie

Ok, 1stly we should all give due respect to those really old drivers on the roads. However, I do find them slow in responses when come to changing lane, can't drive within lane, road hogging and etc.

Hence, I would suggest that we accord them with a S plate that they must display promiently on their windscreens so that we can watchout for them. I probably want to siam them from far [laugh].

Regards,

nah..these type of drivers..should just get them off the road..

ytd at peak hours on PIE..there's this old auntie driver driving a LGV..she was hogging the 2nd lane at 50kmh when everybody else is travelling at 70kmh..and leaving 10-15 car lengths in front of her.. [rifle]

↡ Advertisement

But a Senior driver is more respectable than a newbie or inexperienced driver. I'm sure old folks don't like to be called "inexperienced" driver mah.

Regards,

trust me sia.. some senior driver are damn good.. just to let u kno on a particular occassions.. was on d road(speeding XD) and behind got 1 WISH weaving in and out and overtook me and abt 110-120kmh? OMG it was an AH MA dressed like those nonya lady with WHITE HAIR AND SPECS WITH GOLD CHAIN..

dun play play lols

Some should be ask to take their driving license again !!

Just this morning....I was cruising at 90....then this lau auntie in a Mazda 323 with less than 30metres or so filter out....so I slow down....then brake till 40kmh !! WTF !!!

These people have no sense of judging pple's speed one ah !! Filter to the 1st lane liao still dun wanna speed up. Then I overtook her from the left and she prob was cursing me when I did that....CHAO AH BENG driver !!

Agree...

Sometimes I find myself behind a car driving very slowly on lane 1 and I get really angry at the hogger. But after pulling alongside to glance at the driver I find myself looking at some old old driver with body leaned all the way forward and squinting at the road in front trying hard to get to his destination.

I'll prefer some indication of such driver in the car so I can give a wide berth for both our sakes.

agreed..

but got other factors too lor.. maybe they should put like taxi not allowed on first lane or smth.. everytime see them fast fast cut into first land den HOG..

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

yesterday LL had to follow behind this person who straddle two lanes (road only had two lanes). He made his car cha cha sideways on the road .

[shakehead] no way my car gonna join his car in a dance. keep far far away! [:|]

Ok, 1stly we should all give due respect to those really old drivers on the roads. However, I do find them slow in responses when come to changing lane, can't drive within lane, road hogging and etc.

Hence, I would suggest that we accord them with a S plate that they must display promiently on their windscreens so that we can watchout for them. I probably want to siam them from far [laugh].

Regards,

Personally, i feel your idea is worth a second look. Have you raised this to LTA and even provided your own design of the proposed S plate? What cut-off age do you recommend?

No offence to others, but these elderly drivers have compromised their license qualifications by naturally greying...into road hazards. [sunny]

Edited by Redplanet

Actually i quite agree to this idea too..

Cos i can imagine few years down the road when my dad is getting much more older,

i do not want any young punks/F1 driver wannabe to tailgate or cut my dad while he's driving as we know our immediate action time taken will get slower as we get older...

Maybe this 'S' status plate can serve as a lookout for Senior drivers, like

maybe 'pregnant lady' / Child on board signs. Cos personally for me, i do

keep a lookout for these signs. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Regards,

Ok I propose. Special big big L plate for Ladies drivers?

* Alrite ladies i apologise, just a joke hor!

This type of drivers is better taken off the roads cos either they r too nervous that they have to hug the steering wheel while driving, or their eyesight is not that good.

Really a hazard to oneself and the others.