Motorpay.com.sg - Pay ERP by credit card

Sunnycrowe

i actually wanted to register but the sub fee put me off.

pay erp everyday liao and still need to pay sub fee...

if they remove the sub fee, sure i apply.

by they way, does this includes carpark erp?

then can do away the cashcard for good!!

To me it is still not very convenient, still have to use cashcard when going around places like carpark. Initially I thought can do away with cash card completely. You still have to remember to top up cash card when going to car park in town and shopping centres. Some carpark even require you to insert the cash card.

It only benefits us for ERP payment but why need to pay subscription fee in the 1st place? it should be free. Most of us are not paying the credit card subscription fee already so what is that few dollars to them?

To me, I just hold 2 cash cards and I top up diligently when the value run low. It is just as convenient.

Regards,

I just signed up, but regretted after reading the workings thoroughly!

Apparently, you must remove the cashcard when passing through ERP gantries, else it will deduct from the cashcard itself.

That means I have to slot in and out when go through gantries, going to carparks etc.

Damn troublesome. And only 1 vehicle can register to 1 credit card, if need to register another vehicle, must use a different card!

what kind of @#$%!#$%$#

Edited by Gs300999s

yah, quite convenient also, dun need to worry cashcard no sufficient money when approach gantry, or forgot to insert cashcard.

i'm on this services since early Nov 08, so far so good, transactions are all correct.

True, they should have implemented that long ago. With the credit card thing, i can reduce my ERP fines & frequency to top up cash card. Also no need to worry about cashcard being damaged.

The whole cashcard concept is a total failure. It seems to me its only reason for existence is because of the IU unit in our cars.

Not that it is flawed. Its only a matter of charges. Sooner or later, u will see the the phasing out of cashcard technology totally.

It just does not make sense.

Its like taking money from your 1st wallet and put it into your 2nd wallet so that you can take the money from your 2nd wallet to pay the cashier [laugh]

ERP gantries are controlled by govt.... whereas shopping centre/ office carparks r controlled by the building owners.... different bldg got different owners.... tats y some bldgs hav full auto carpark system (entrance n exit no need to insert card in machine, jus insert in yr IU)... some hav semi system (entrance no need to insert, but exit must insert into machine).... n others hav those outdated system (both entrance n exit need to insert)..

Whether the system is upgraded depends on the bldg owner..... if for example Capital-land just upgraded their system at Plaza Sing using FUll auto, i dun tink they wan to spend $$ to upgrade so that car owners will be charged in their credit card, instead of cash card...

Maybe those big shopping centres will soon upgrade to this cashcard-less system.... but i tink it will take many more years for cashcard to be extinct... cos there r too many buildings in singapore.... some super old bldg mayb stil using the old system of pressing for a ticket, then go to ticket machine to pay etc...

LTA very smart.. later ppl wont feel the pain of paying ERP anymore when they dun have to constantly top up the cash card or see the balance on the cashcard dip with every passing thru of the gantry. Maybe they shld explore immediate GIRO deductions too.

Way to go LTA!

Bro annual fee for credit card cn be waived [sly][sly][sly]

Exactly, subscription fees could into hundred so what is that few dollars to me, should also wavie too.

Regards,

But the system is still flawed as it can only be used for ERP. When you enter carparks, you still have to stick to conventional cash cards. Right?

yah lor... knn, i tot can use for carparks too...

now regret signing up liao [shakehead]

Exactly, subscription fees could into hundred so what is that few dollars to me, should also wavie too.

I mean to them not me, typo error.

Regards,

Thats the reason I didnt sign up initially plus the mthly fee is ~.~

I thought if all carpark uses this technology, it will be great but it can be bad as we gotta pay at the end of the month. Just like CC bills, you must take note of how much you spend also.

[laugh]

motorpay emailed on 28 nov to inform my application is successful n wil take effect on 28 nov08.

on 30 nov 08, motorpay emailed again saying my bank has declined to authorise my credit card, n i mus check wif my bank within 2 days if not my service wil b terminated...

so now shld i insert my cashcard?? wil they deduct from my cashcard n oso bill my credit card too?

screw up system

↡ Advertisement