Tire caps kenna stolen

Mouse

Neutral Newbie

Guys,

Appreciate if anyone can shed some advice here. I did tried to do a search, can't seem to find anything related to the problem I encountered.

My ride is a OPC and hence during the daytime it is parked in the MSCP. Recently, withthin a short span of 2 months, my tire cap kenna stolen 2 times (1st time was 2 caps, 2nd time was 1 caps). Even though I had already brought some spare caps, I find it kinda of irritating to see each time my tire caps went missing.

Other than shifting to another lot/level, is there any better ways to prevent it? Stalking at the MSCP to catch the culprit would be impossible for me.

**Btw, I dun think I have offended anyone in the MSCP.

Thanks

Edited by Mouse
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your prompt replies..I didn't know there is black plastic types. The last time I went to autobacs, all r metal/steel type. In fact my caps r those plain metal types tat comes together with the car. Have a feeling, the likely culprit would be those kids tat like to cycle in the MSCP. Would changing to the black plastic one deter them?

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. My goondu corlick here told me to unscrew the 4 caps n keep it whenever I parked my car n screwed them back b4 I drive off. [hur]

Just too bad ur CP had ppl like this. I encountered this last time when mine was cap with green colour plastic cap to indicate having Nitrogen pumped and came across 2 caps, 4 caps stolen. Once I saw 2 students were walking out from my car and immediately checked found all 4 gone quickly chased after the boys -- they had full pockets of diff type of caps all in diff colours, diff type of pattern eg: metal, chrome, gold etc. Asked Y they want those they said for fun. [dizzy] Probably like collection or show off to others.

Now though still on Ni but cap remained the original black cap no problem -- or maybe the boys who did these already grown up and not doing such thing anymore (2006).

Neutral Newbie

OK, I think I better get the black plastic caps. Odd enough, I have already been parking there (same lot/same level) for more than 1 year and this problem start to surface only recently.

Now is the peak period for tire cap theft for following reasons.. [;)]

1) school holidays - kids very free during daytime

2) recession - parents no money to bring kids for overseas holidays

Neutral Newbie

wat will the consequences be if one were to go capless? sorry for such a silly question, I am still a noob with car stuff.

You can try this...

After you tighten with hands, just use a spanner and tighten by a little bit...like 1/8 of a turn. That will make it impossible for them to turn by hand.

If there is any console to you....those new A3 owners will be having a hard time thanks to the advertisement on Sat.... confirm many A3 tire caps will be lost !!

Neutral Newbie

Which mean each time when I need to pump air into my tires, I have to use a spanner to loosen it?

I read from some other post, one dude posted about using spanner to tighten n in the process of doing it, he actually cause the nozzle to sink in so much that he was having problem to pump air into the tires.