German supplier changed business partner's mind about Skoda

Echelon

Have a German supplier in town so it was my turn to drive around on my car, a Skoda Superb 1.8T.

My business partner, a loyal Toyota fan, never thought much about my wheels, but when the German supplier sat in my car, he was saying I was a smart guy to get the Skoda Superb, as he owns the current and previous VW Passat and some Audi's in his life.

We went on to discuss about the Skoda and how they have VW + Audi parts in the car and the 1.8T engine was from the Audi range of 1.8T engines, from than my business partner was leaning forward and asking alot of question, so our German supplier went on to say this is the best value for money car you can buy on the road, really good and worth the buy.

My friend was impressed and asked me more about the car, all I can say is, wait till you see the new one.

My German supplier also mentioned that the new Skoda Superbs are available in Germany and the market of Skoda brands are growing, if not for the company VW Passat, he would have gone for a Skoda Superb II. [inlove]

↡ Advertisement

we suffer enuf already, don't drag ur biz into it bro .....

Don't understand what you are talking about leh....? [:/] I am talking about the car leh, isn't a good car?

no doubt car is a good car but most ppl only interested in a car that brings them fm pt A to B in comfort and maybe a little bit of style.

with all the issues that arises, not sure i would want to recommend to anyone else, unless that person is also an enthusiast that don't see these problems as an issue. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

totally agreed the Skoda produces gd cars. My colleague asked me wat Conti car to get. I recommended Superb to him and he was impressed. He will probably go down to TP to test drive the car next week.

I'm more interested in the Octavia vRS but couldn't afford it. Haiz.

btw Octavia vRS is faster going reverse than a Golf GTi. http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/-fifth-gear-...a-ii-rs/6482837

Edited by Enrique

yo, dun like dat lah ... smash.gif ... its prob safe to say that the SPB is not so besotted with problems compared to models based on the Golf IV platform .... limlien one is tio toto, bo pian laugh.gif

Have a German supplier in town so it was my turn to drive around on my car, a Skoda Superb 1.8T.

My business partner, a loyal Toyota fan, never thought much about my wheels, but when the German supplier sat in my car, he was saying I was a smart guy to get the Skoda Superb, as he owns the current and previous VW Passat and some Audi's in his life.

We went on to discuss about the Skoda and how they have VW + Audi parts in the car and the 1.8T engine was from the Audi range of 1.8T engines, from than my business partner was leaning forward and asking alot of question, so our German supplier went on to say this is the best value for money car you can buy on the road, really good and worth the buy.

My friend was impressed and asked me more about the car, all I can say is, wait till you see the new one.

My German supplier also mentioned that the new Skoda Superbs are available in Germany and the market of Skoda brands are growing, if not for the company VW Passat, he would have gone for a Skoda Superb II. [inlove]

Perhaps you can ask your German supplier this question to be very certain that you have made a right choice? [;)]

"Bist du sicher, dass das Skoda Superb ein gunestiges Auto ist? Wirklich?"

If his answer is:

"Ja" = [thumbsup]

"Nein" = [thumbsdown]

totally agreed the Skoda produces gd cars. My colleague asked me wat Conti car to get. I recommended Superb to him and he was impressed. He will probably go down to TP to test drive the car next week.

I'm more interested in the Octavia vRS but couldn't afford it. Haiz.

btw Octavia vRS is faster going reverse than a Golf GTi. http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/-fifth-gear-...a-ii-rs/6482837

Nowadays a good conti car is only as good as their dealer's service level & proficiency.

He is basically a VW fanboy, he loves all things from the VW family. He dislikes BMWs though. Mercedes are luxury car with no passion he says, and even as a German, not far from our Asian brethens, he says the Mercs are for older men in their 50's......haha. Well do not think he represents the entire German population but as an under 40's German.

He is especially fond of Station wagons, after looking on the web at some Audi wagons, the Avant and also other branded wagons, they are looking really nice compared with the yesteryears of station wagons that were boring, boxy and uninspiring.

Now I have a new eye for station wagons, some of the new ones coming up are quite nice, even the Mazada 6 station wagon, Opel's Vectra Sports Tourer......very nice.

Putting branding and personal preference aside, VWs and Audis are 2 of the most sought-after brands in Central and Western Europe, in the mid-upper, upper and luxury segment. Buyers who place considerable emphasis on automotive technologies tend to favour products from VAG, Mercedes Benz over BMW.

In the department of engines - petrol and diesel, BMW's offerings never amaze discerning car owners and journalists in Europe. When VAG started introducing smaller capacity engines with turbocharging (and supercharging in the case of the TSIs) in a bid to reduce COx output and maintain respectable performance credentials, force-fed engines from BMW were largely unheard of. When the European Commission proposed that new vehicles should emit, on average, not more than 130g/km by year 2012, BMW is one of the few manufacturers which lobbied against this initiative. In my opinion, this speaks volumes of BMW's abilities in designing environmentally-friendly engines (without missing out on the fun factor).

The only saving grace for BMW is its rear wheel drive & suspension setup which endows it with better driving dynamics over other brands with front wheel drive setup. However, this can be a double-edged sword too. BMW has one of the highest accident statistics during winter, especially on mountainous roads, due to the distribution of the vehicular weight.

I am always amazed by your wealth of knowledge in this area, very informative.

Looking at the driving set up for VAG vehicles, are Audi, VW and Skoda using the same SACH absorbers? I understand that Skodas or the SPB is using SACHS Touring, but heard that there is a sportier version from the after market installation.

What I would like is a AWD version of the VAG range. That would be very nice.

↡ Advertisement