Massive Jam at Lornie (23 Oct 08)

Gadgeter

Turbocharged
Luckily I jgot a MCF traffic alert from a MCFer in the morning at 7:20am. I changed my route to SLE, Mandai, BKE, KJE, PIE althought it was an extra 14km in distance. The travelling time is actually 35mins, instead of the usual 30mins.

Osiris was travelling at 5km/h on lornie.. sweatdrop.gif As we 'speaks', am not sure whether he reach office or not.

Even if I got the alert also no use. I stay at the estate near Lornie. I took 20 min to get out from my carpark to the main road which is max 200m away. From carpark, I couldn't turn right to hit Marymount Road because cars are stuck waiting to turn right to Lornie. Turn left to hit Upper Thomson but also stuck because Lornie was jammed. [furious][thumbsdown]

Gotta sack the Traffic Simulation dept of LTA. Totally poor traffic planning. Before the Lornie viaduct was opened, never had such jams before. That viaduct is a f*cking waste of tax payers' money.

Edited by Kxbc

Sembawang is the forgotten estate.

Gahmen made plans to alleviate traffic woes for residents of AMK, Yishun and Woodlands but not Sembawang.

Sigh [:/]

Poor bus services, roads to town every morning jam, MRT too crowded...When I complain to MP they say Sembawang too little pple to justify building new or add facilities.

forgotten sometimes is good

better than they remember, develop & den bill u all the charges...

u see? they forgot the Potong Pasir & Hougang, arent their charges lesser than ours? so do their car parks! lipsrsealed.gif

No wonder Farrer road was so clear this morning -- even better than during school holidays! I thought how come so many people stayed at home today. Was wondering if it were a public holiday or not. [laugh]

Me also affected by the jam!!! But at Thomson CC there, I changed lane from right most lane till left most lane and travel to my destination by Thomson Rd. Paid the ERP at the Thomson gantry.

Heard the incident on radio and divert immediately. From past experience, once got accident, better avoid that stretch.

My timing was 7.50am when I diverted. Usually at this timing, I'm already at my office carpark sleeping in the car. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

me! i was 1 of the unlucky 1 also..after sending my son to sch in joo seng which was then 735am, i took braddell rd which is the usual route to work. got stuck at SPH centre already..and i reach work, which is in jurong port rd..at 915am! [jawdrop]

Sembawang is the forgotten estate.

Gahmen made plans to alleviate traffic woes for residents of AMK, Yishun and Woodlands but not Sembawang.

Sigh unsure.gif

Poor bus services, roads to town every morning jam, MRT too crowded...When I complain to MP they say Sembawang too little pple to justify building new or add facilities.

I am glad I have decided not to take up the offer from HDB for the unit at Blk 485 many years back..sweatdrop.gif