Bonnet Air Scoop

Super7

Turbocharged
(edited)

I need a new air scoop to breath in more air for the intercooler underneath the bonnet. The stock air scoop is small and i think the intercooler will perform better with a new one which can bring in fresh air faster and more ...

Any bro knows which workshop can made a good one??.... what material is best, fibreglass??.. metal sheet??..some composite materila?? .... or i can just add a custome made external attachment (maybe a fixed or adjustable) flap etc to direct more air in.... any suggestions/advices??

Thanks

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Uncle Foo

Wah want to use a STI scoop or not laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Chances are they will need to cut your bonnet to have a bigger hole to fit a bigger scoop. Most will be fibreglass. I used to know a place that does such things but close down liao leh....so cannot help much.

Turbocharged

i am thinking maybe leave the stock opening in the bonnet unchanged but add a new air scoop which has a bigger external intake opening:- ie more air rushes in thru bigger front end opening but same size tail opening linking the air passage to the intercooler, this way maybe i can create a 'wind-tunnel' effect (due to large front intake, narrow end discharge) and make the air flow much faster onto the intercooler fins..laugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

aiyah......get a water reservoir to spray water liao lah.....or you can drive every km and spray manually laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

> aiyah......get a water reservoir to spray water liao lah.

the best will be a 60L water tank, top up petrol + water at the same time [thumbsup][laugh]

maybe can consider NOS spray on IC [thumbsup][scholar]

Neutral Newbie

wah....not a bad idea.......then can have NOS as well....the ass will tear through the atmosphere man!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Turbocharged
(edited)

at changi point??!!

btw, sat nite maybe i go changi village, you wanna come??

Edited by Super7

Turbocharged
(edited)

actually, there are people only stay in small flat, but keep a nice boat, and spend more time on the boat than on land on weekends... weekdays bobian, gotta work on land...

this way, they save money on house... unfortunately this is not for singapore, more for overseas...

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement