How to transfere email message from outlook express 6 to window mail in vista

Joemit7850

as above, any expert can help as i am transfering the message from my old office laptop to a new lappy, but i can't using the method of importing or exporting..

any easy way?

[sly]

↡ Advertisement

got leh...he asking for EASY way to transfer email from OFFICE laptop to new laptop mah... [laugh][laugh]

let the IT support advice and help mah..they often require system administor rights for office system..

as above, any expert can help as i am transfering the message from my old office laptop to a new lappy, but i can't using the method of importing or exporting..

any easy way?

[sly]

I no expert and I do it the dumb way.

First I copy the inbox and sent files to a thumb drive. Then I renamed the files, eg InboxA and SentA.

In the new lappy I create folders InboxA and SentA.

Then I transfer files from thumb drive to overwrite the InboxA and SentA in the new lappy.

Then I move emails from InboxA to Inbox and SentA to Sent. Then I delete the InboxA and SentA folders in the new lappy.

Edited by Dumb

any easy way?

[sly]

windows vista mail is able to import outlook express 6

located where your outlook express 6 files are, then copy them to another location (thumbdrive or external HDD)

set up vista windows email, do not import anything when the prompt appears.

manually click >> File>>Import>>Messages

and select outlook express 6. follow the prompts and look to the location where you copied your outlook express 6 files, and import from there...

Follow my dumb way. Sure work.

I used to consolidate my Sent mails from office laptop and from my kid laptop to personal laptop. Same can be done for Inbox.

One transfer I dunno is how to transfer my sent mails from Singnet My Communicator cause sometimes I sent mails using out people computers. I can cc but that mail becomes an in instead of sent mail.

Edited by Dumb

tough sia, me no IT expert but i do experience your situation now but with IT support thou...

if i remember correctly, think they will check where is the outlook folder is located at existing lap, its version and file extention (think so, end with .pst)

then they copy the whole folder and load it to my new lap. go to the new outlook and link up the folder....

lotus notes still the best.

best meh? for security features yes, but not that user friendly....

even if i wanna save my mails and burnt it to hardcopy, i must assign who can access otherwise if i left the org, no one can open it up... [:p]