100kg bomb sushi

Roborovskii

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...0820-83231.html

Two killed trying to cut up bomb

KUALA SELANGOR, MALAYSIA: Two metal scrap yard workers were killed when a World War II bomb they unknowingly were cutting up exploded.

The scrap yard's owner had purchased the 100kg bomb which was found in an open area in Jeram, without realising what it was.

He had asked the two workers to cut it into smaller pieces at the scrap yard in Kampung Batu Dua.

The bomb exploded at about 3.30pm as the workers, an Indian national and a Bangladeshi, were cutting through the centre.

The blast was heard up to 2km away, shocking residents and shattering windowpanes.

A workers hostel located at the back of the compound caught fire as a result of the blast.

The Indian worker died on the way to the Sungai Buloh Hospital while the other worker died in the intensive care unit.

Kuala Selangor police chief Supt Ibrahim Chin said a passer-by found the bomb earlier in the day and took it to the scrap yard.

↡ Advertisement

At least these ppl dunno what it was.

U should see those how the jokers in saf handle unspended rounds/blanks and got themselves killed/injured.

Cannot blame them. After being buried for such a long time (I guess since 1942), corrosion and all that will take place. A bomb will not look like a bomb. It takes a trained eye of an ordnance handler to recognize.

I still remember during my NS days..during live firing, my CSM passed me a bag asked me to bring down to ammo point.

I brought dwn,thot its rubbish..so carried it downhill,contents knocked against the trees etc..skali at ammo point..open up..its misfired 84mm rounds..wah lau.could have killed me.. [:p]

This reminded me of an incident in Sungei Rd where a man was reportedly hammering a device which turned out to be a bomb. Of course it exploded and the man died. This was back in the 60/70s.

↡ Advertisement