Tricky Car Wash!!! Be Careful.

Pisces69

Hi All.

I just want to mention an incident I had a couple of days back at a "tricky" car wash at the SPC station along Thomson Road just before the Thomson Medical Centre.

I am driving an Optra Estate (which is NOT an SUV).

I drove in & saw the sign stating carwash is $6. When I reached the place where the cars r washed, a couple of washers signalled to an Indian chap(young guy) towards me.

He approached me in a very friendly manner but I detected s sly look in his face.[sly]

He tells me my car will cost $10 to wash cos it's an SUV. I argue that mine is NOT an SUV but a station-wagon. He says "NO" & his instruction is to charge "my type" of vehicle similar as an SUV.

He tries to get me to do the vacuum too for an additional $2, making it $12. [shocked]

I refuse to pay such an exorbitant price & leave.

A short ways down, along Sembawang Road, I get my car washed for only $4. That is 2 1/2 times cheaper. The guy looked at my car & immediately confirmed it is NOT an SUV & charged me the same as any car. I think i was almost conned by the "nice" Indian boy.

This is just to warn the bros & sis here to be careful of such tactics adopted by car-wash places nowadays.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Is that one good? I always pass by there but never go in before. They got give free gifts like swirls? [:p]

I think they are open 24 hours.

Some car wash will ask if you want to wash your car mats. All they do is put the mats on the floor and spray them with high pressured water. And that's $1 per mat. CB!

i think they are just like normal car wash

actaully for mine i don care scratch, much less swrils. infact i like some battle scars [cool] makes mustank looks like a true war elephant [cool]

but i like to keep the interior clean for the children, external not so impt

[thumbsup] they wash the rubber mats for free [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Abang, u always frequant JB rite?

Why not take advantage of their RM10-12 car wash. Generous use of water, vacuum and tyre/dashboard polish? Come back, ride sunny.gif & tank full

This part of the petrol station business definately is no cartel!

Free market to set the washing price.

Hi All.

I just want to mention an incident I had a couple of days back at a "tricky" car wash at the SPC station along Thomson Road just before the Thomson Medical Centre.

I am driving an Optra Estate (which is NOT an SUV).

I drove in & saw the sign stating carwash is $6. When I reached the place where the cars r washed, a couple of washers signalled to an Indian chap(young guy) towards me.

He approached me in a very friendly manner but I detected s sly look in his face.[sly]

He tells me my car will cost $10 to wash cos it's an SUV. I argue that mine is NOT an SUV but a station-wagon. He says "NO" & his instruction is to charge "my type" of vehicle similar as an SUV.

He tries to get me to do the vacuum too for an additional $2, making it $12. [shocked]

I refuse to pay such an exorbitant price & leave.

A short ways down, along Sembawang Road, I get my car washed for only $4. That is 2 1/2 times cheaper. The guy looked at my car & immediately confirmed it is NOT an SUV & charged me the same as any car. I think i was almost conned by the "nice" Indian boy.

This is just to warn the bros & sis here to be careful of such tactics adopted by car-wash places nowadays.

Neutral Newbie

wow Jazz classified as MPV? then what abt Hummvee? tank wash?

that's why i wash it myself, 2 pails of water will do the trick.

why don you go to the sin ming car wash....the one opp the temple?

my one so big, buy coupon, is $3.5 per wash [nod]

=====================

I not passing there leh! [:p]

Last time got $2 car wash with coupon. Now I think dont have already. Sembawang Caltex used to have. I always used them. [thumbsup]

I used to get the ah-neh to wash but after 6 months, I find the car is damm dirty cos I tried to wax the car but cannot cos the paintwork was damm oily & sticky. [dizzy]

Now I stopped the an-neh so I go back to manual carwash. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

aiyo, ur tank sibeh sweatdrop.gif to wash

yup, me too go interior cleanliness. Sometime i wash car in JB for the sake of this. and theeri vacuuming is super guud. they even vacuum seats and underneath

yes i'm puzzled too

some claimed jazz is a MPV and charged MPV rates.

================

Yah. That is why I am posting cos I want to warn pple here to make sure they dont try to overcharge you by classifying your car as a larger class so they can charge you more $$$.

If you 1st time trying the carwash, it's a good idea to check the price b4 wash. If they charge too high, just drive off. That's exactly what I did that night.

Even $1 I dont want to let them cheat me. [sly]

Aiyo, bro, tell you $10 and you still wash? You can always reject and drive-off mah. Nobody force you to take up the service there. If you really wanna cheap car wash, I can recommend 2 places. One is SPC at Toa Payoh, pump $50 petrol (easily nowadays) and you can wash for only $4. Want cheaper? Then go to SPC at Queensway, pump $50 and car wash is only $3. [sunny]

Some car wash will ask if you want to wash your car mats. All they do is put the mats on the floor and spray them with high pressured water. And that's $1 per mat. CB!

=======================

They have learnt the trick of big biz called "value added". [sly][laugh]

Abang, u always frequant JB rite?

Why not take advantage of their RM10-12 car wash. Generous use of water, vacuum and tyre/dashboard polish? Come back, ride sunny.gif & tank full

=================

Last time JB CW was only RM7. U mean the price increase???

But I go JB usually 3am so not bothered to stay around while they wash car. I prefer to come home & sleep.

Last time I get ah-neh to wash but now I stopped him so have to get back into the groove for those cheap & good carwash near my place or along my usual routes.

↡ Advertisement