CAI for Airtrek Part II

Dualie

(edited)

I did another version of CAI for my Airtrek as I find the 1st setup to be less than optimum. There's at least 2 90 degree bend in the previous setup.

As the stock air intake position is already very good, I decided just to modify the stock setup. Firstly, I saw away part of the stock air intake pipe (CAI_01). Next the saw-away part was replace by a 2" pipe (CAI_02, CAI_03). Insulation is then apply to the new setup (CAI_04). To further enhance the CAI effect, I cut away part of the bonnet rubber seal directly in front of the intake opening (CAI_05).

Immmediate effect that I felt after this setup is that surges in the first 2 gears is much more pronounce now.

Thank you

Keat..

post-6-1056251788_thumb.jpg

post-6-1056251789_thumb.jpg

post-6-1056251790_thumb.jpg

post-6-1056251791_thumb.jpg

post-6-1056251792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dualie
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Nice setup ! I had similar setup on my Stream.

For CAI_04, what insulation material did U use ? Seems thicker than my alumnium tape.

Did U put anything inside ?

For CAI_05, I also cut away part of the rubber seal, but the slit is so small ... wonder anyway to "safely" expand that slit in terms of height ...

Also realised you insulate the radiator hose too .. any effect ?

I've use some high temp insulating material (Orange stuff) to wrap the intake pipe follow by a layer of aluminium. As for the radiator hose, I can say that there's little to no effect at all. I intend to tear off the alu wrapping soon.

Thank you

Keat..

[/reply]

Neutral Newbie

Same as Andrewkb - Stream 2.0 iVTEC w/K20A engine. Engine bay super packed, and unlike Jazz/Fit (which is also very packed), not available in US market hence less people making mods for it [bigcry]