Renew of Malaysia Passport

Carphant

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys/Gals,

My friend who is a Malaysian need to renew the passport.

Any one know whether can my friend do it over at the Malaysia Embassy?

If my friend is to go back to Malaysia to do it, it will take one whole day to do it.

And maybe another day to collect it.

Checked the website for information, but they provide nothing but an email.

I really don't wish to email them as you know, it may takes a decade for them to reply a simple email.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

yes, can do it at Malaysian Hi-Com in Singapore.

is near to CABLE ROAD, if you do not know where is CABLE ROAD, you can ask a bro here, he stay there.

Turbocharged

Under the "mad-hatter" regime, there was a time when malaysians in singapore had to return to malaysia to renew passports. A kind of "punishment", i think... Anyway, then under pak lah, relations became friendlier, and the high commission here in singapore started providing this service again - and they're pretty fast - ready in 24 hr.

Neutral Newbie

haha... really? never know abt this till u mention.

ready in 24 hours? OMG, that's even faster than going back to do.

thanks!

Tell ur fren not 2 waste time & renew it in Sg. It takes 2 wks to collect. If go back, maximum 2 days only. 1 day 2 submit & next day 2 collect.

By d way, Hi comm service [thumbsdown].

Previously, i submit on Friday & collect it only Saturday.

not that bad...

recently just went with my gf

1)The passport place nearest to JB custom. Ask any taxi driver, if not driving.

2)Reach there at 8 am (stay overnight at gf hse), use the self automated machine, near to the guardhouse (left side), do not even need to fill up form, prepare the money RM 300 slot into the machine and key in particulars...

3) Collect within 3 hrs... left JB by 12pm

4) 12.30pm back to singapore.

IMO faster than Singapore, mine is online process wait for 2 weeks go personally to ICA and collect ...

*we process fast because we are there early in the morning

Neutral Newbie

I am surprised that you guys took so long to have it made in Msia High Comm. I renewed mine there some months ago it was pretty fast. Submitted early in the morning and collect it after their lunch around 2pm plus same day. BTW the road name is Jervois road.

Neutral Newbie

Same here, went to Jervois Road last September, reached there in the morning, collected the new passport after 2 pm on the same day.

Indeed the submission and collection all completed within the same day. Cause my wife did her's just 2 months back. But one point to note is that they do have a daily quota and when exceeded will not take in more passport application.

To make it easy you could proceed to their website and download the application form 42, get them filled and this will faciltate the entire process.

The website link is : http://www.imi.gov.my/forms/Form_IM.42.pdf

As for application fee it can be paid in Sing Dollar.

↡ Advertisement