Anyone setup a wireless router in your car?

Starhub

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

for what purpose may i ask?

if you want to enable internet connectivity in a in-car pc

i suppose the best way is mobile broadband through a usb modem

Edited by Ahliew

Neutral Newbie

u trying to configure your rouge router as a honeypot to trick ppl to connect to it, and then perform a man-in-the-middle attack or install trojans to collect sensitive info??? [sly][sly][sly]

Neutral Newbie

can wardrive using others network while entrap ppl to come into the network created in the car mah....wardrive + honeypot

(edited)

Hmmm... i think wat u refer to is "evil twin" concept, wardriving + honeypot is not the correct term, but still there is no need to use a router for this.

U can do this at any free hotspot, i still dun understand y u need to do wardriving?

u can change ur wifi card to a AP using "fakeAP". [rolleyes]

Edited by Titanium

Neutral Newbie

i dun need to do wardriving...i am asking the creator of the thread is this his/her intent?

Neutral Newbie

My brother did it on his car. He got the singtel mobile broadband modem (Huawei) and use a wireless router to connect. He use the internet by installing a mini pc into the car and connect it to his ICE.

Not bad cos the internet surfing is fast and we were able to watch a streaming movie through it.

Cheers

(edited)

You brother in Singapore or other country like US or Europe? How come need that? end to end only 30mins leh. Got time for that meh? Booting up the PC maybe reach the destination liao.

Edited by Hoppie24

Turbocharged

i think other than letting occupants surf the web on the go, this may also allow surveillance via the internet.. just like monitoring the maid/kids while u are at work.

for what purpose may i ask?

if you want to enable internet connectivity in a in-car pc

i suppose the best way is mobile broadband through a usb modem

yes, i am using it now.

juz finish kopi with a bro here and suppose to go for appointment, walk halfway to carpark, they called to cancel appointment, so now i surf MCF in my car.