Career Prospects as a Car Salesman?

Keith976

Neutral Newbie

Hi all! [wave] Just wonder wat kind of career prospects would a car salesman have. I intend to quit my job and do sales, maybe car sales. Can any car sales executive or ex car sales executive comment? Would a nett monthly income of 2.5k easy to achieve? Thks!

↡ Advertisement

Come on... you wanna be a car salesman and only has the heart to maintain a $2.5k income monthly... get a table job man.

Car sales is not an easy job. You need to service your client before and after even you leave the company and hop into the next company. It's a very long term friend, friend relationship.

I thought the target shld be in the region of 7-8K per month at least (or even more) for anyone wishing to become a car salesman..if not, like you say, shld just get a 9-5 job... [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, thks 4 the info. I was juz considering a career switch coz I wanna try a potential high income job like sales but I have no knowledge about anything, only a keen interest in cars so I tot I could start by selling cars. To the best of my knowledge, the car sales industry is slowing down so I was wondering if its wise to go into it.

I always thot is hard to be sales staff for those Authorised dealership.Unless u talking about PIs,maybe easier.My ex colleague waited for so long b4 he got his "dream job" at tan chong.

Think he's doing quite well..from a hyundai accent, he got a 2 seater sports car & an mpv now.. [sweatdrop]

do you like sales jobs? you can't stay in a sales job for long if you dun have the passion to see ppl and service ppl.

while you may hear ppl saying car sales make 5 figures mthly, there are many that din make it and get kick out by the industry.

if you can stay with the hardship, making 10 times of $2.5k is possible.

Hi all! [wave] Just wonder wat kind of career prospects would a car salesman have. I intend to quit my job and do sales, maybe car sales. Can any car sales executive or ex car sales executive comment? Would a nett monthly income of 2.5k easy to achieve? Thks!

well, as long as you work hard and are really sincere in learning the ropes, every job also can make it.

however, you sound like you are in it just for fast bucks, if thats the case, most probably will fail.

Forget the glamorous image of doing well in the auto industry.

Not sure why some bros have the impression that salesmen do well. But be prepared to have no income at all (except for the beri beri basic symbolic mthly pay) indefinitely.

It is not like insurance in which you can enjoy long term commission, in auto sales you got your dough only and only if you manage to get sales deals.

Dont ask me how I know.

For a start, they only give you $300 basic "salary" per month. The income potential is not bad but it takes lots of hard work, and lots of luck. Just having gift of the gap is not enough.

I think the most important quality one needs to have in order to succeed in sales career is greed. In this case you don't seem very likely to do well, as you are only thinking of $2.5k per month.

A good salesperson must have the hunger to succeed, without which, after a few failures, most would just give up.

Neutral Newbie

To succeed as a car salesman, you need to able to climb from failure, service-oriented, chiong all the way, honest, fair to car owners, dun cheat.

Heard that one car the salesman can earn at least $500 commission...

Hi all! wave.gif Just wonder wat kind of career prospects would a car salesman have. I intend to quit my job and do sales, maybe car sales. Can any car sales executive or ex car sales executive comment? Would a nett monthly income of 2.5k easy to achieve? Thks!

Being a salesman is all about CON CON CON CON and CON... the bigger u CON, the more $$$ u get

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

are you a sales personality? i think to succeed in sales, more than any other lines, a extrovert personality is required + ability to shake off failures, not too get angry or affected, thick skin. if you cannot see pass the nonsense of customers, can destroy you. but not too worry, all these can be acquired. Also for sales, i notice that the more calculative you are of money, the more difficult it becomes.

bear in mind though that it's not easy to walk into established AD and get a job, esp. if you have no sales experience even. if no cables to pull or super good looks to rely on, will probably need to start at a small distributor/PI/lesser known brand to earn your stripes. that's where making your 2.5k might be a little bit more tricky.

i supposed you have not been offered?

It's nt easy being a car salesman or what other sales in aso...alot of factors involved. [sweatdrop]

Sometimes, it depends on the car that the customer buy base on the sales commission + car loan + car ins as well. All of these will affect the car comm. [lipsrsealed][:p]