$100 a month for putting these stickers on car

Ccssgm

Make way for private car ads

He gets $100 a month for putting these stickers on car

npimagesswcartdk4.jpg

HIS car gets a lot of stares from other road-users - it is an advertisement on wheels

Mr Franco Lim, 29, who is self-employed, took up the offer to become a 'Rendriver' and his red Toyota is now adorned with gigantic stickers.

He recently saw fliers from Renvertising, a new advertising company, offering to supplement the rising costs of owning a car in Singapore.

He gets $100 a month from the company to flaunt its promotional stickers on the side of his car.

While advertisements are common on buses and taxis, Renvertising has its eye on the untapped market of private cars.

Those who sign up must travel a minimum of 500km a month.

Asked if he was concerned about other people's reactions, Mr Lim would only say: 'I don't know what they are thinking when they stare at me.'

Still, he is thrilled with his car's new look.

He told The New Paper he liked the idea so much that he would consider advertising his own clothing business on his car in future.

And far from thinking that it looks like a taxi, his friends and family commented that the decorations make his Toyota look like a 'flashy sports car'.

Other Rendrivers contacted by The New Paper said their initial apprehension about a garish design on their cars was misplaced.

The family of foreman Ng Kheng Leong, 51, was concerned that the stickers would damage the paint of his new car.

His daughter, Ms Cindy Ng, 24, said the company assured them that it uses 'high-quality stickers that would not cause damage'.

'We could approve the design first, and it turned out looking quite funky,' she said.

Joining the scheme has enabled Mr Lim to cut his monthly $200 fuel costs by almost half.

Student Celia Lim, 25, is also happy to defray her fuel costs by allowing advertising on her car.

'Petrol prices are getting so expensive. It is a great way to help out with the bills,' she said.

Mr Jeff Peh, 24, one of Renvertising's three partners, said its original goal was to cater to the needs of drivers.

The three-month-old company currently offers only two choices of advertisement - one for itself and the other for a client.

It has recruited about 130 drivers so far.

↡ Advertisement

Clocking 500km a month is not a problem. I already clocked that in a week. But for a mere $100, it's really not worth the effort lor. Might as well offer car pool service. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

500km is so easy, just 1 full tank!

and my car every mth clock 2000km+, so will they pay higher to me???

if higher price then i may want to do this top... lol

to some of us here, $100 is not much but to others, every $$$ count...

i think i would go for it if they offer $200 instead... $100 is a bit to little..

(edited)

Seems like I am the odd one out here. I think I am not utilising my car enough. [laugh]

Edited by Sfhuang

If paste sticker already mean cannot really take care of paint work anymore right? As in cant really polish or wax with the stickers on, another problem is once remove, will there be 2 tone colour on your paint work on those portion not pasted on. If got these problems, then the $100 not only cant cover running cost, mayb also get wiped out if need to respray....